Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

HATE my EDGE Headlights

21K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  2Canches 
#1 ·
Just got my new 2014 EDGE. I love everything about it except the headlights. They are Auto Proj Beam Headlamps according to the window sticker. On low beams I can barely see 50 feet in front of the car. Going 55 I'd be overdriving my headlights and could not stop if there was a deer in the road. High beams are somewhat better, but still not great. Dealer adjusted them today. He said they were adjusted too high, resulting in me being to see road signs WAY down the road, but the center of the road between the signs is dark. The adjustment made the high beams better but the low beams worse. They are NOT the "bright" lights that the dealer tells me they are. On low beam the light on the road looks sort of yellow...almost like a sealed beam headlight on a car with an alternator that is going bad. Is there a different bulb or something that can be changed to give me bright light that will illuminate the road better and farther..especially on low beams? My husband has a 2014 F-150 and his lights are HID. We live in a rural area, and I need BRIGHT lights. Had I known they would be like this I'd never have bought this vehicle. Our salesman promised that I would love how bright they were and how well they illuminated the road ahead. Someone please help!!!!! Thanks any and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.