Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

Surprise in my driveway

27K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Swapper 
#1 · (Edited)
Went to vote today and when I came home I found this sitting in my driveway.

The salesman brought it over to show me and of course let me drive it. [drool]

I later went down to the dealer to look at the rest and got a few more pics.

competition orange v-6 coupe sticker

deep impact blue v-6 coupe sticker

Black GT premium with performance pack sticker

magnetic metallic GT with performance pack sticker (the one I drove)

The GT's with the performance pack get these wheels with 275/40/ZR19's in the back from the factory.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The salesmen are required to go along on the test drives on the GT's, so I couldn't get on it too hard. But I did get to do a full throttle powershift into second and the new IRS just squats and goes. Oh and they upped the power to 435 hp on the coyotes for 15

BTW I'm a big guy at 6' 2.5" and over 300 lbs and when I put the seat all the way back, I couldn't push the clutch all the way to the floor. I actually had to move the seat up some.

#4 ·
Well your cars are 2 years old time for a new one.....I think I couldnt afford the tickets on that 435 hp. I had enough trouble with my 82 Capri and it was probably under 300 horses GT40 heads,Elderbrock manifold,Holley 600 headers and 3;73 GEARS.

#6 ·
The salesman is a good friend of mine I've known since grade school, that's how I was able to get away with a full throttle powershift. Corporate ford is being real strict on the test drives on the new GT's

Last night I was looking at the FRPP site and they have a drag pack kit in the works for the 15's which consists of larger half shafts for the IRS and a new rear subframe with stiffer bushings. They also have a handling pack with springs and shocks and a super pack which is a 2.3 L eaton TVS for the 15 coyotes. Ford built a prototype with all the packs and a set of slicks on it and it ran 10.97. The call it the king cobra.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/sema/

#7 ·
I was at the dealer today for an oil change and noticed that on the new mustangs, there is no Ford emblem anywhere on the outside of the car, or any mustang lettering or script. Just a running horse logo on the grill and the center of the rear between the tail lights (the GT has a huge GT lettering there instead of the horse) and a small horse logo on each wheel center cap. Oh, and the GT's have the 5.0 badge on the fenders.

#8 ·
The mustang is so iconic, that you don't need any badges. As soon as you see the running horse emblem you know what it is. When I get one, I'm gonna switch out the huge GT letters for the horse on the rear taillight panel.

#9 ·
While I was at the dealer, I asked about the line-loc. The salesman showed it to me on the GT in the showroom, it's buried in the trac-apps in the screen between the gauges. You have to go thru a few layers of menus to find it. And Ford checks how often you use it and it they determine you use it too often they will void your warranty.

It also has a launch control app buried in there too so you can control rpm on launch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.