Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

TCS OFF light is on

31K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  I Bleed Ford Blue 
#1 ·
Is this going to be a problem? Checked the owner's manual, but don't seem to get a good answer. I learned not to take curves at a fast clip, and here in Champaign County we don't have many hills. What causes this light to come on, and is it an easy fix?[scratch] PS: I love the smilies!

#2 ·
No, the tires are checked regularly. The donut spare is the only one that may need a couple of pounds ever so often. Last night the light did not come on until I turned on the headlights, and the TCS OFF light came on. Maybe it's the "nut behind the wheel" that doesn't quite understand the whole thing! thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
The area where the 12V plug is on the left, then the TCS OFF Button, the flash drive plug, and the SYNC LINE-IN plug is just below the AC and Heater controls. I went outside, started the Escape, turned on the lights, and the TCS OFF button was illuminated. I turned off the lights, and the TCS OFF light was off. When I pushed in the TCS OFF button the ADVANCE TRAC warning light came on in OFF mode. So, I am ok. Now is it true that if the ADVANCE TRAC warning light is in OFF, and I leave it off will this give me better gas mileage? When should I have the ADVANCE TRAC on? Should it be on in wintry driving? Do you know how your parents use this feature?

#4 ·
On my truck when you push the TCS button it turns off the tcs, then if you press a second time and hold it for 5 seconds it turns off the advance trac. Pressing a third time turns them both back on. Also, the default setting is on for both so everytime you start the vehicle they are on and if you want either one off you have to manually turn it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.