Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

Driver side air-flow issues in 2008 Edge

53K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  greasemonkey 
#1 ·
Hi all,
New here - and supposing this issue may have already been covered in older posts, but couldn't see any.

Just bought an '08 Edge SEL, and love almost everything about it - except the fact that the air flow on the driver's side is very weak, and blows much cooler when the heat is on, as compared to the passenger side, which is scorching. Although I've not tried the AC on a hot day (it's quite cold where I am right now), I hear that there are also issues with this rig when it comes to AC flow on the driver's side.

My main question is - is there even a fix for this? After seeing a number of comments on various other forums, I see that this appears to be a design issue with this model and year.

help?

G

#2 ·
Thanks White89gt,
I read about the filter and will check that out... I guess I'd just be surprised if the filter would be causing an imbalance of flow like that. I could definitely understand if the flow was weak on both sides, but it's quite strong on the passenger side (and nice and hot when the heater's on).

thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.