Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > General Car Discussions > Blue Oval Build Showroom

Old 10-05-2016, 06:09 AM   #181
BigGlenn63
Cadet

Fan#: 3681
What I Drive: 2001, Red, Ford, Explorer sport tra

BigGlenn63 Good Standing Member
Does anyone know how to get in contact with RangerSVT I have question for him about a v8 sport trac swap!
Old 10-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #182
autolite
Senior Pilot

Fan#: 1468
What I Drive: 1998 Black Mustang GT

autolite Excellent Standing Memberautolite Excellent Standing Member
you could try the ranger station.
http://www.therangerstation.com/
06 Harley Ultra Classic
2008 Focus SE
Old 10-06-2016, 05:51 PM   #183
rangerbill
Pilot

Fan#: 3382
What I Drive: 1998 green ford ranger

rangerbill Good Standing Member
Good luck getting with Rick, Very busy guy
Old 11-06-2016, 02:53 PM   #184
rangerbill
Pilot

Hi, was wondering if you got that speedo working yet...I got a question...what makes the trip meter work as apposed to odometer? ive been keeping tabs of mileage cause I have to keep it under 5000 for the yr. the trip meter says almost 700 for 4th time, it only goes 1,000 as you might know. The odometer says ive got maybe a thousand miles to go. I know the bigger tires throw off speedo and odometer but I thought trip meter was hooked up to the same place as odometer
Old 11-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #185
rangerbill
Pilot

Mechanic at work says speedo and trip meter hooked up to same place but they are not showing the same thing, trip meter at about 987, almost 1,000 for 4th time. odometer says ive got a little under 1,000 to go to be at 5,000 for the yr. but that same mech says a set of shorty headers wont make any difference in power or torque? ive got the stock manifolds that 97 Mountaineer had and they are kinda skinny in places. Ive got her stock except after the cats, she has daul side by side cats, I have dual glass packs and the pipes go straight back near rear diff and have down turns. I like the sound, just wish I could figure out why she doesn't lie to idle when cold, ive got brand new maf sen, new air temp sen, one new 02 sen, new egr, the only tc is for too lean fuel?