Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

Project Fordzilla

41K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  autolite 
#1 ·
So, I've been talking about my one ton 4x4 here and there, and I just realized I never had a build thread, or pics of it on here. It took some digging to find the pics, but I finally found some. So here it is, when I first got it and brought it home around 2011...

Originally I bought this truck solely as a front axle donor for SVT, so out comes the front 60...

And to replace it, I had a lp dana 44 8 lug...

So the original plan was to scrap the truck out after I got the axle, but as it turns out this was in better shape than my 92 4 door dually, bullet. So I ended up scrapping out bullet and was going to keep this long enough to get this rolling and running again, and sell it as a running driving truck, and upgrade. Well, I despite all the problems bullet had, I wish I would have kept him. But here it is now. I was going to swap a set of superduty axles under it, which I have, drop in a 6bt, 96 front clip, and call it good. But plans have changed yet again. Going to get another 91 dana 60 so it'll just bolt in with no mods, get it running and throw it up for sale, just to get rid of it.
Specs are 5.8, ZF 5 spd, 1356 manual. It was parked due to a faulty clutch line back in 02ish, and it showed a shadetree mechanic fixed it as it has a rubber fuel hose type line, so that will get replaced with the proper piece. Some interior pieces were taken, like the instrument cluster and the fuel tank selector seats, which I have gotten replacement pieces. The instrument cluster ribbon was messed up on the one I got, but I might be able to fix it. The selector switch I just got within the last couple weeks. I thought about swapping in an intech engine for better mpg, as I was going to use this as my official tow rig, but I'm just going to get it running and sell it. After I get the dump trailer project I'm doing finished, I should be getting back on this....

SVT

See less See more
#2 ·
That was the plan if i was going to keep it for a bit, but I'm not, so why spend the time that i don't have on it when I'm just gonna sell it anyway. I probably won't even paint it...

SVT

#4 ·
Already long gone. John knew a guy that bought it. It was missing shafts and was external hubs with slugs. As it sits right now, no axle under the front...

SVT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.