Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

2015 Ford Edge automatic tailgate

27K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DarijanJokic 
#1 ·
I love the fact that you can kick your foot under the bumper and the tailgate goes up. However it needs to be noted that while you are unloading the trunk and you lean way in to shift cargo around, if your foot goes under the bumper The trunk will come down on your back! This happened to my husband. It left red marks on his shoulders. He is a big strong man. The truck finally went up but not soon enough. It was a frightening experience and a much older person, or frail person would have suffered serious injury. I've tried to notify Ford and only received form e mail acknowledging me but not specific to my warning. I was told on the phone I could not send in a video that I had made showing my husband strength trying to stop the trunk . I was told I could not send the video to Ford. Maybe if I posted it on YouTube they might listen.

This really is a serious issue that causes personal injury

#4 ·
I have a 2015 Ford Edge with 2000 miles on it. It shut off on me 4 times after making a turn both left and right handed turns. Took it to the dealer -after 3 days at the dealership - they said they couldn't replicate it - they reset the computer. Worked fine for a couple weeks now it happened again. Anyone got a solution. The dealership told me to bring it in - they may need it a few days to see if they can replicate the problem. It appears to be after reading the other comments I'm not the only one.

Has anyone found or a solution?
Did Ford help anyone out with this problem???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.