Blue Oval Fanatics - Ford Forum

Go Back   Ford Forums & Technical Discussions > Ford Crossovers & SUVs > Ford Edge > Ford Edge Discussions

Old 08-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
Driver
Cadet

Fan#: 3302
What I Drive: 2015 Ford Edge

Driver Good Standing Member
2015 Ford Edge automatic tailgate

I love the fact that you can kick your foot under the bumper and the tailgate goes up. However it needs to be noted that while you are unloading the trunk and you lean way in to shift cargo around, if your foot goes under the bumper The trunk will come down on your back! This happened to my husband. It left red marks on his shoulders. He is a big strong man. The truck finally went up but not soon enough. It was a frightening experience and a much older person, or frail person would have suffered serious injury. I've tried to notify Ford and only received form e mail acknowledging me but not specific to my warning. I was told on the phone I could not send in a video that I had made showing my husband strength trying to stop the trunk . I was told I could not send the video to Ford. Maybe if I posted it on YouTube they might listen.

This really is a serious issue that causes personal injury

Old 08-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
white89gt
Administrator Shane

Fan#: 1293
What I Drive: 1989 Mustang GT, 1997 F150

white89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Memberwhite89gt Outstanding Standing Member
I'd be interested in seeing the video. Please post it here when you upload it.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #3
Rvogtjr
Cadet

Fan#: 3390
What I Drive: 2015, Black, Ford Edge Sport

Rvogtjr Good Standing Member
This also happen to my wife. I was getting in the driver's door, and we thought that triggered the tailgate to close. She also had a sour back afterwards. We are going to have to test this again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2016, 11:25 AM   #4
wgr49
Cadet

Fan#: 3586
What I Drive: 2016 Ruby Red Edge

wgr49 Good Standing Member
I have a small problem with my 2016 rear hatch. When you close the hatch it will come down slowly until it gets to last 6 inches, then it slams shut. Anyone have this problem?
Old 07-21-2016, 06:50 AM   #5
DarijanJokic
Cadet

Fan#: 3604
What I Drive: 1999 Ford Fiesta Fun 1.4i Yellow

DarijanJokic Good Standing Member
I have a 2015 Ford Edge with 2000 miles on it. It shut off on me 4 times after making a turn both left and right handed turns. Took it to the dealer -after 3 days at the dealership - they said they couldn't replicate it - they reset the computer. Worked fine for a couple weeks now it happened again. Anyone got a solution. The dealership told me to bring it in - they may need it a few days to see if they can replicate the problem. It appears to be after reading the other comments I'm not the only one.

Has anyone found or a solution?
Did Ford help anyone out with this problem???