Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

Exterior/ Interior modifications sections?

32K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NikkoBelik 
#1 ·
We have Performance and Wheel sections, how about something for Exterior and Interior? [thumb]

#2 ·
Not a bad idea. But the showroom pretty much shows off what you did to the Exterior and Interior.

People can ask questions of them their. Or are you looking for something along the lines of how-tos in bolt ons and such for Fenders, etc?

-Ray-

#3 ·
Just a general conversation section about exterior and interior mods. How-Tos are a great example of what might be housed in these sections.

I personally feel that 'Showroom' and the two other sections I've suggested serve entirely different functions. Showroom is more for finished projects looking for praise and/or adoration (lol), Exterior/ Interior would be more for in progress questions and help.

#6 ·
Uncomfortable seats

We own a 2011 Fiesta SE automatic with about 4500 miles driven; we are happy with its performance, I have experience no problems. At first driving of the Fiesta, we considered the unexpected and unsual shifting quirks to be something that I would have to get used to; we now know what to expect and do not consider the transmission a problem if not abused. However, we still look for the dangerous shifting reported by some.
We are averaging 36-39 MPG in the mountains of upstate SC, 43-44 MPG on the interstates is not uncommon. I should tell you that we are both senior citizens who drive conservatively but, do not block traffic we maintain the posted speed.
Our complaint is the front seats ( back seat not used ) and head support. The only car I have ever driven that had seats as uncomfortable as the Fiesta was a 1951 Henery "J", one of the first built compact cars. Are we the only ones with the seat and head support problem? Having driven Fiestas in Germany I do not remember this problem. I have an appointment with a upholstery shop this morning hoping to solve the hard seat problem, still seeking a suitable head support

#7 ·
Interesting Lead77, would a soft cover not help your issue as oppose to going to an upholstery shop?

Do you feel the European market Fiesta interior is different than the US models in terms of quality of material?

Would be nice to hear what your thoughts are on this, since you stated you have driven a Euro Spec Fiesta and now own a US spec one.

-Ray-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.