Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

Upgrade your '13-'15 Escape's MFT to have Navigation via APIM!

24K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Escape12 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'm new here, but I have spent most of my time over at FordEscape.org-

Just wanted to spread the word on any other frustrated drivers out there who bought an Escape '13 and up with MyFord Touch but no Nav. I bought a '13 FE SE 1.6T with MFT but no Nav. It came with over 50K miles, so warranty was up- this gave me a bit more freedom to experiment.

I made a tutorial video on how to swap out the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) behind the 8'' LCD to enable your FE to have navigation capabilities from salvaging an APIM from another vehicle with those features.

If you're interested, here's the link:

Thanks! I'm going to be making more of these videos, so any constructive criticism is appreciated!

Excited to be joining this community,

-Rahrena

#2 ·
Don't let the dealership service dept get ahold of your car. If they plug in their computer to check for updates, it will reload the as built data and delete the nav software and you will be back to where you started.

#3 ·
Recent downlaoad and install of SYNC 3

I have a '12 Escape. I was eligible for the recent update for my SYNC. I tried 3 times to download and install. The voice came back that it could not find the install file. BALONEY! Before I took the flash drive out to install I opened the file . it contained 3 files. SYNC MY RIDE and two LST files. This past Monday I called Customer Service for SYNC. The tech asked me some questions, put me on hold, and told me to take it to the dealer. I about lost it! There should be no reason that I could not of done this on my own. I called my Ford dealer Service Manager. He said he was not aware of the SYNC upgrade, and that he would get back to me. Guess what? I am still waiting for the call. Was anybody elsa able to do the SYNC upgrade? Now what I find interesting is I used my phone and went to my contact list. SYNC was saying the names I had in my list. It never did that before. [nopity]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.