Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

HID lighting thread

30K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  I Bleed Ford Blue 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I am rocking a set of Silverstars at the moment because I found them at the junkyard. But I keep spares in the truck because they don't last very long at all.

#3 ·
I don't see how those kits will work with that in there. Does that need to get removed for those kits to work? It is my understanding that if I remove that, the headlight loses its DOT approval.
Yes the reflector needs to be cut out and replaced with a projector to do a proper hid conversion, and yes you will lose the dot approval.

Now if you do the conversion correctly and make sure everything is properly aimed, I would think they would not give you a second look. But you know more about how the LEO's are around you.

#4 ·
I don't have any experience with them, but if you notice on the overview page, they say they are for off road use only, meaning illegal. When dealing with stock halogen housings, you should stick to halogen bulbs. Putting led's or hid's in a stock halogen housing, the light scatters all over and can blind oncoming traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.