Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
The mech at work said it doesn't have a vac leak but it runs like it might, I put a new pcv in and hose looks ok, brake booster hose also. I put the gaskets in, the upper intake gasket looked like it could only go on one way? maybe I was wrong? Thanks for the input

·
Registered
32 Posts
If your talking the lower intake I got ones that said which way to install them, I used blue rtv at front and rear instead of gaskets cause I didn't want cork

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also have maybe 5 wires at c116 connector that don't have anything to them and I don't have a diagram of that connector to know what everything is. I found a forum on 98 and newer ranger/302 conversions. it helped me get a few things right but those 5 or so wires?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got an odd question, when Rick put drivetrain from Explorer in his Ranger he said he used AWD transfer case, I did the same. When I put it in park on a bit of a grade it will drift not stay put. My e- brake isn't working 100% so even it wont hold it. Did he use the Ranger axles or Explorer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am doing a V8 Swap on an 01 ford Explorer sport trac from a 98 mercury mountaineer and I cannot get the speedometer to work. I have wired the G force tranducer in like you show here, I have swaped the ABS modules, the VSS, I have tried using the mountaineer abs and pinning the plug on the sport trac like the mountaineer. It doesn't matter what I do the speedometer won't work, so if you guys have any ideas as to why I am welcoming input.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi guy, I put a 97 mountaineer 302 efi in my 98 ranger and its running ok. Kinda odd thing...it starts like a carbed motor..running rough? it steadies out after about a minute then runs fine. I put a cam pos sensor in recently and it will put up a code saying its running lean? I don't push it hard or drive it daily so it goes fine for me but I wish I could get it right. Ive been old it wont pass emission no matter what, I live in Allegheny county in Pittsburgh..we got emission here. My speedo works good but I'm not sure my tach is set for the v8? the motor has roller cam and can really rev, and light up the tires as well. the truck has 3 in body/ 4 in susp lift with 33x12.50..tires so I neede the 302 to turn the tires..the factory 3.0 was getting its butt kicked..best of luck getting your speedo to work

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ya I forgot to mention the 302 in my 98 ranger has a Lil glich...if I'm on the highway going to work I might be doing 55 or 65mph and it will lose power all of a sudden..then i will be ok..? Im thinking a bad ground somewhete?t

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am doing a V8 Swap on an 01 ford Explorer sport trac from a 98 mercury mountaineer and I cannot get the speedometer to work. I have wired the G force tranducer in like you show here, I have swaped the ABS modules, the VSS, I have tried using the mountaineer abs and pinning the plug on the sport trac like the mountaineer. It doesn't matter what I do the speedometer won't work, so if you guys have any ideas as to why I am welcoming input.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, was wondering if you got that speedo working yet...I got a question...what makes the trip meter work as apposed to odometer? ive been keeping tabs of mileage cause I have to keep it under 5000 for the yr. the trip meter says almost 700 for 4th time, it only goes 1,000 as you might know. The odometer says ive got maybe a thousand miles to go. I know the bigger tires throw off speedo and odometer but I thought trip meter was hooked up to the same place as odometer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mechanic at work says speedo and trip meter hooked up to same place but they are not showing the same thing, trip meter at about 987, almost 1,000 for 4th time. odometer says ive got a little under 1,000 to go to be at 5,000 for the yr. but that same mech says a set of shorty headers wont make any difference in power or torque? ive got the stock manifolds that 97 Mountaineer had and they are kinda skinny in places. Ive got her stock except after the cats, she has daul side by side cats, I have dual glass packs and the pipes go straight back near rear diff and have down turns. I like the sound, just wish I could figure out why she doesn't lie to idle when cold, ive got brand new maf sen, new air temp sen, one new 02 sen, new egr, the only tc is for too lean fuel?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to do an 03 Sport Trac build V8 swap trying to see the pictures you have going on of the wiring harness that I can't see them help me out we see in the pictures or send them to my email

121 - 136 of 136 Posts