Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while the car was in for an oil change, tire repair, and seat adjuster warranty. I got to do a little looking underneath and checked out some part numbers.
seems ford tried to do a few things right with this package anyway.
first thing I noticed Is I no longer need to look into getting an "x" pipe, ford graciously installed one with the package instead of their usual nasty "H" pipe.
Rumor also had it some cars with the package came with GT500 rear lc arms... yep, after a numbers check thanks ford.
the package also says it comes with larger calipers and performance pads. Interesting to note that when I need pads I will have to order for a gt since thats what the larger calipers are from.
the front sway bar is a gt bar, while the rear is a gt500 bar.
3:31LS rearend (stock is 2.73)
still researching other aspects also. such as the front and rear springs...

·
I don't care
37 Posts
Figured I'd sign up for the sister site. Been around FF for almost 8 years. The '13 or '14 Mustang V6 Perf. Package is on my short list for my next new car come next spring/summer. Glad to hear you're enjoying yours so far [thumb]

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The V6 performance package also comes with the front strut tower brace from the Boss302. And the manual's have different axel back mufflers than the automatics. Maybe that is why the manuals exhaust pops between gears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts