Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2011 Fiesta SE Hatchback 5 speed, It now has 250 miles and the throwout bearing makes a high pitched noise when I first start it up only when the pedal is fully depressed.If you release the pedal the noise stops. After a few minutes it stops making the noise and it is very quite. It's at a Ford dealer as we speak to see what the problem is. I hope it's not a bad throwout bearing, but I should know in a day or two. The service writter told be this has a "Wet Clutch Assm" and it may be a low fluid problem???
I'll find out soon enought.

Sorry If I bored you with my problems.
I think I just needed to vent.

Thanks for listening

PS.
Love the Car. Lots of fun to drive, Can't wait to put some road miles on it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Interesting problem ... I don't know what it is, but look forward to hearing what they find and if they indeed fix it.

-Ray-

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
No problem..It has a hydraulic slave cylinder. That is what he is referring to as wet... That COULD be it, but thank goodness for warranties :)...Do let us know what it was.

Vent anytime :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just received a call from Ford. They are telling me it is the throwout bearing. It comes with the slave as a assembly. The part should take about 10 days to get here. I'll let you know when in a couple of weeks if it fixes it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I say have them give you a new Fiesta. Now that would be service since the rides are still fairly new.

Did they give you a rental at least?

-Ray-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ford said it was OK to drive . It will not damage the clutch. So I have my Fiesta back until they call me.
They did give me a rental for the day. Chevy Impalla What a boat.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
yeah...what a boat...

Andf yeah it won't hurt the clutch. Nice to hear they gave you a rental too. Good shop!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ford called and said my Fiesta was ready to go, road tested and everything. They replaced the throwout bearing . it took two days , they said they had a little trouble.
I picked it up and drove it home about 5 miles. No noise
Next morning started it up , no noise. Drove about 8 miles started to hear a little transmission noise when slowing down while in gear.
Driving home noise kept getting louder. No noise while under load, but when slowing done while in gear lots of noise. Not a transmission whine, That was expected. But more of a thumping sound.
Had Ford flat bed car back to the shop and deliver me a loaner. They have it now and I am waiting for a call.

Trying to be patient

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow.. Sorry to hear about so much bad luck with the car right off the bat. Curious to know what is causing the loud noise now.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Ford called and said my Fiesta was ready to go, road tested and everything. They replaced the throwout bearing . it took two days , they said they had a little trouble.
I picked it up and drove it home about 5 miles. No noise
Next morning started it up , no noise. Drove about 8 miles started to hear a little transmission noise when slowing down while in gear.
Driving home noise kept getting louder. No noise while under load, but when slowing done while in gear lots of noise. Not a transmission whine, That was expected. But more of a thumping sound.
Had Ford flat bed car back to the shop and deliver me a loaner. They have it now and I am waiting for a call.

Trying to be patient
As a mechanic myself, sometimes we miss something, not often, but sometimes you have to redo the job...the really skilled guy in the shop ( thats me at the motorcycle shop) is on it now, and hopefully they find the issue :)...keep us informed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news
I got me Fiesta back. Ford Technical dept told the dealers to first drain & refill the transmission, than re torque all the bolts.
I don’t think fluid was the issue. The more I think about it, I believe the first tech did not properly seat or torque the axles to the transmission. That would account for the noise under a no load condition. ( the dealer wouldn’t tell me what they found when re torqueing the bolts )
But I drove it for about 60 miles absolutely no noise. Even when downshifting. The only sound is the engine. Still a little paranoid. I’ll feel better after one more day of driving.

Can’t tell you how much I really like this car.

Hi Viney266
Know were your coming from. I do material control for a large service dept. Warranty work can be a real headache and yes even the best techs sometime miss things. I’m keeping my cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is good to know. Have you also noticed a high pitch noise between 2500-3200 rpm in 5th gear on the highway at constant speed? The noise stops during deceleration and acceleration.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
^^^ Auto or manual trans? just curious

...in the future, just start a new thread when they have been this old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts