Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a 2011 Fiesta Hatchback today. Loved everything about it except 1 thing. I want to know if all Fiestas sound weird shifting between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd or if it was just the one I drove today. It was an Automatic and when I brought my concerns up to the sales manager he said that it was due to the timing that Ford put into them. It almost sounded like the tranny was slipping, i.e. high rpms and then a shift.

I presently drive a 2001 Focus ZX3 with almost 340,000 (nope not a misprint). Have been really looking forward to the Fiesta coming out.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I test drove a 2011 Fiesta Hatchback today. Loved everything about it except 1 thing. I want to know if all Fiestas sound weird shifting between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd or if it was just the one I drove today. It was an Automatic and when I brought my concerns up to the sales manager he said that it was due to the timing that Ford put into them. It almost sounded like the tranny was slipping, i.e. high rpms and then a shift.

I presently drive a 2001 Focus ZX3 with almost 340,000 (nope not a misprint). Have been really looking forward to the Fiesta coming out.

Thanks for any info.
All the auto's in these cars will be like that. Your sales guy is correct, it is from the advanced timing and also the new 6spd powershift auto. Also if you didn't notice while you drove it, the cars also downshifts on it's own. The fiesta is a great car, but if you haven't bought one already, I would wait to see how the new 2012 focus turns out. My fiesta sea hatch now has 1,500 miles on it and it seems the trans has quiet it down a little bit.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I thought the Sales Mgr was giving me the usual sales pitch and was being quick on his feet. As you can see with the miles on my Focus I don't think I have another year to wait for the 2012's. LOL

I am going to test drive another and see if it is the same. It just worried me a little because like I said it felt more like the tranny slipping than just revving high and then shifting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I test drove the auto and stick and can confirm with you guys that the auto does sound like it's slipping. I quickly looked at the salesman who was with me and since he wasn't panicking I figured that that was the way it was supposed to act. For the most part it seemed fine. I ordered the stick but that was before I even drove the auto. The stick I drove was very easy to drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drove the first fiesta in my area (stick, white leather) and loved alot of things about it except the shifter felt like I was driving a dump truck and its soooo small. for a little tuner car to mod out this would be great. the salesman knew nothing about this car like when I asked about projectors he said no and also told me ford wouldent put ecoboost into the fiesta. we are leaning more towards a 2011 wrx now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Everyone remeber this is a duel clutch automatic, not your traditional tq convertor one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts