Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: LA Auto Show, Budget, Sedan, Hatchback, Ford

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Click above for high-res image gallery

The Fiesta Movement, Ford's campaign to introduce the little global Fiesta car to the U.S. market, kicked off at the Chicago Auto Show earlier this year and will end this week during the LA Auto Show with, what else, a party. Oh, and the official unveiling of the 2011 North American version. We got a sneak peek of the Fiesta earlier today that it now seems was incorrect, based on these new pictures found buried on Ford's website.

The U.S.-style three-bar grille is thankfully not present in these official pics, though the hatch and sedan do wear different grilles (we like the hatch's version better, for what it's worth). The rest of the car remains as good-looking as the Euro-spec version ever did, and the interior will be a big draw for this car - along with solid MPG numbers, of course. For those of you who hoped Ford would bring the Fiesta over from Europe pretty much intact, it appears your wishes have been granted. We'll have all the details from LA right soon.

Gallery: 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

Gallery: 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan

[Source: Ford]2011 Ford Fiesta gets another early reveal originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Text Source: Autoblog

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The chrome insets still bug me ... but overall the Fiesta is a great looking.

And I like the painted grill on the Hatch as oppose to the non painted chrome of the sedan.

-Ray-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ugh...still not as good looking as the Euro version. But who knows, I'll make judgment when we see it by the end of this week. Hell hopefully we see it tomorrow lol. Anyway, the grills are totally different, not just painted. And now they are seperate from the body it looks like, which to me equals so hopefully sick aftermarket ones. Also the chrome side things whatever they are...not liking. I assume upper trims will get some sort of fog lights in there, but they hold potential. Besides being color matched our made black, who else is thinking about cutting that slit open and turning it into a functional brake cooler. Or you know what else I'm seeing, rig up a LED strip to fit that little slit, you got yourself some sick LED foglights...[^], gotta think outside the box when you see something that seems ugly and pointless at first. I still hate them, but just trying to make a bad thing good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll start off by saying Ford got the aesthetics about 90% right (which is a good thing for their styling department). The one thing that really irks me, is the absence of fog lights... hopefully there are LED's in that chrome/plastic mess. Seriously Ford, didn't you learn from the chrome plastic fiasco of the last Focus (US) design? The grill insert of the sedan looks like a total afterthought as well.
Here's to hoping they didn't mess with the suspension set up.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
NIce find ... and I like that they included the Fiesta Movement guys in the reveal as well.

Very nice.

The cars look pretty good.

-Ray-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts