Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Chevrolet has just revealed its all-new 2012 Chevy Sonic at the 2011 North American International Auto Show. The company said it is offering the Sonic in two body styles: a stylish four-door sedan and a sporty five-door.

When it comes to the design of the new vehicle, the aggressive cues, including fender flares and motorcycle-inspired round headlamps, are blended with global design cues. The leading edge of the hood forms a character line above the headlamps and the side mirrors carry the same shape as the car and seemingly disappear into the profile.

Inside the cabin of the all-new Sonic you can find a detailed instrument cluster that features a large, round analog tachometer set within an asymmetrical LCD readout, with a large digital speedometer display. The interior also include storage compartments in the center stack and doors, rear seats fold flat for carrying larger items.

The American auto maker revealed that it will power all the Sonic models with efficient, power-dense, small-displacement engines, including the Ecotec 1.4 liter turbo and the Ecotec 1.8 liter, that are now also seen on the new Chevrolet Cruze. The company said that with the 1.8 liter engine, three transmissions that include a five-speed manual and six-speed automatic are available, while only a six-speed manual transmission is available with the 1.4 liter turbo engine.

The Ecotec 1.4 liter turbo can generate a power of about 138 hp and a torque of 148 lb.-ft. of torque between 1,850 rpm and 4,900 rpm. The naturally aspirated Ecotec 1.8 liter engine is expected to generate a power of 135 hp and a torque of 123 lb.-ft.

Chevrolet plans to begin the production of the Sonic later in 2011 at the General Motors Orion Assembly Center in Michigan.

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Ecotec 1.4 liter turbo can generate a power of about 138 hp and a torque of 148 lb.-ft. of torque between 1,850 rpm and 4,900 rpm. The naturally aspirated Ecotec 1.8 liter engine is expected to generate a power of 135 hp and a torque of 123 lb.-ft.
Seems like this turbo will be a good potential for aftermarket companies to extract more horsepower.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Interesting looking ride. That front end kinda looks like the newer EVOs ...

Though I am not a fan of the Chevy line, minus the Silverado and new Camaro, here's to hoping they fair out well enough to stay in the game. Sad to see car makers die-ing off.

-Ray-

·
Registered
54 Posts
from the 3/4 front view, the front of this greatly resembles a pig-snout. Looks a little too blunted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is this going to be another b-segment car or is it closer to focus' size? It looks like it has potential, but I too am a little leary of the chevy name anymore.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I like the idea of the small displacement turbo...FINALLY...I hope Ford gets going with this soon as well.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well, Ford definitely has an upper hand on the Car development and marketing.

-Ray-

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
The aveo was okay, I have a friend with one, gets good milage ,too. But yeah, this could be fun! especially with the right motor...Still prolly a cheap interior though..Still, I"d like to drive one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts