Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's been a busy two years in the subcompact world. Newcomers like the Ford Fiesta and Mazda2 have made it clear they intend to give models like the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris and segment volume leader Nissan Versa a run for their small-displacement money. Even General Motors is getting into the fray with the upcoming 2012 Chevrolet Sonic after years of trying to pass off the Aveo as legitimate transportation. So when Hyundai announced it was taking the knife to its Accent, we knew to expect good things.

The Korean automaker hasn't been one to mess around lately, and vehicles like the all-new Elantra and redesigned Sonata have helped push the manufacturer to the highest market share in the company's history - 5.6 percent in May. With the segment's first direct-injection four-cylinder engine, the buyer's choice of a six-speed manual or automatic transmission, an impossibly low MSRP and 40 mpg highway from every model, it's clear that the 2012 Hyundai Accent is intent on eclipsing the competition.Continue reading 2012 Hyundai Accent Five-Door

2012 Hyundai Accent Five-Door originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:55:00 EST.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I like how the car companies are going with the colors that definitely stand out. I am loving green this year.

And the fact that all of the car companies are getting more and more in depth with the small cars.

I will say, this Hyundai looks better than the Chevy contender.

-Ray-

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
I like how the car companies are going with the colors that definitely stand out. I am loving green this year.

And the fact that all of the car companies are getting more and more in depth with the small cars.

I will say, this Hyundai looks better than the Chevy contender.

-Ray-
I agree, this is a great looking car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Doesn't Hundai have any pride. If they made it look anymore like a Ford, they would have an "H" in a blue oval.

Oh ya, it looks great.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The trend always goes ... I've noticed ... that whomever comes out with the next successful ride, copy them and bank on the loyal fans of that brand.

Since Ford released the Fiesta before anyone else released a better small hatch ... the Fiesta wins the Original factor and everyone else copies to catch up.

Just like Apple ... almost always ahead of the competition.

Glad to see Ford getting up there in the car community. Rally is definitely helping there.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Accent on Friday. My wife and I were out shopping for a car. We need a third car, as we are going to start letting our son (16) start driving to school this fall. The plan was for us to get a new car for me, and let our son start driving my wife's 2009 Honda CRV. We were pretty much set on a Honda Accord, but then we went to the local Hyundai dealer, and I saw the 2012 Accent. I had not thought in terms of getting the new car for our son, but when I saw the Accent, the light bulb turned on in my mind. What a great little car! We bought a champagne colored 4 door (not the hatch) and got it out the door for $20K, exactly. To me, for a car with as much technology, plus 40mpg, it was a decent deal. They had added $3K as a 'market adjustment' to the $17,350 sticker price, which I hadn't really known how to deal with. Nonetheless, I think what I paid was decent (thoughts from you?) but I just love the car. Can't wait for my son to return home in August to see what we got for him!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts