Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have a idea or know why the escape 23 only, doesn't have imrc? They do use imtv, but not the imrc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that came up under my 06 Escape on Rock Auto. Pretty sure I have seen that on my intake as well.
Yea, you would to run the imtv. As the 23's have 2 different lengths of runners & that switch rotates a valve to open or close what ever runner it needs depending on rpm, load of the motor. I was asking, How come the Escape's don't have imrc= aka tumble flaps like the focus, fusion & even the ranger? Seems like thats the intake I could use= the 23 escape one, cause they don't run the tumble flaps. I'd need a retune to do it thou.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I don't quite understand.... BUT, the part I posted above (Dorman 911907) is called an "Intake Manifold Runner Control" valve. I brought this part up by looking under a 2006 Escape. You stated that the Escape doesn't have one in your opening post. It is called an IMRC valve on both Rock Auto, and O'Reilly. What makes me even more confused, is they say this valve works on the Ecape and Focus.

Copied and pasted from Rock Auto:

So, you can see how this adds to my confusion.
Yea, I see what your talking about. The Escape's that have the 23 motor use just one of those switch's to operate the imtv as they don't use imrc. IDK about the ones w/ the 25 motors. I was just asking about the Escape's w/ the 23's= the earlier ones as the later ones use a 25 motor & those probaly come w/ imrc & imtv.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know when this is activated? Is it only under WOT?

The reason I ask, is my Escape seems more "ballsy" under 3/4 throttle as opposed to WOT. I've often thought that was strange.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk 2
So do you have a 23 in your Escape? The tumble flaps are closed & they open when you start the motor. You'll see the acuvator linkage behind the TB. W/ the motor idling, a couple quick jabs on the throttle linkage & you'll see the linkage close & open. W/ some miles you'll hear the flaps= sounds like major issues. It really doesn't have a metalic sound thou. I have my imrc vacuum line going to the vacuum switch plugged off at the manifold. It runs better & comes down to idle a lot faster, as w/ the tumble flaps closing the idle comes down a little slower. My foci has 63k & has the tumble flap noise now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have the 2.3 in mine. I've noticed that there are times that it makes a slight ticking at idle, but I haven't noticed any other abnormal noises. It has right around 138,000 miles on it now. We bought it with 68,000 on it in April of 2009.
Awesome, you have a 23 powered escape. You see only one vacuum switch on top of the intake manifold vs 2 that are on the foci's 23. You'll fnd that your escape doesn't have imrc like the foci, fusion & ranger. That manifold is a imtv only= awesome. It has two different runner lengths= I believe it has a 11'' & a 19''= short/ long runners.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know when this is activated? Is it only under WOT?

The reason I ask, is my Escape seems more "ballsy" under 3/4 throttle as opposed to WOT. I've often thought that was strange.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk 2
That could be related to the oem intake system. You'll find the motor responds to a sri or cai. Another great cheap mod is to delete the balance shafts. Removes about 18lbs of static weight & 14 lbs of rotational weight & you'll find it'll hold 6qtrs of oil. Just plug the bs feed hole. 5 bolts & its in your hands, scrape off the rtv & plug the feed hole & reinstall the pan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts