Premium Member
3,649 Posts
That sucks, time for frankentranny?

SVT

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I wanna get a working a4ld then build the frankentranny. I want my b2 back on the road!!!

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
You do have another option, upgrade to OBD2 and run a 5R55E....

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Basically, grab the engine harness from a 96-97 ranger or explorer, the ecu, and about 12" of the vehicle side harness of the 42 pin plug. With that, I can have that engine running with only 5 wires. It'll probably be easier than it was doing the 4.0 swap...

SVT

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Basically, grab the engine harness from a 96-97 ranger or explorer, the ecu, and about 12" of the vehicle side harness of the 42 pin plug. With that, I can have that engine running with only 5 wires. It'll probably be easier than it was doing the 4.0 swap...

SVT
Really? Are the sensors the same?

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Not sure on that. You'll need to research that one...

SVT

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Ordered a torque converter...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Stock. $100. Thinking about doing a frankenbuild. Idk. I just gotta get it back on the road.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Ordered it thru the shop my dad works at, ordered throughout Dacco Detroit of Memphis.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Having an account with Dacco Detroit of Memohis is nice.... My converter will be in Thursday

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Waiting on a seal before the trans goes in tomorrow.

Today I revised my sub box

Will carpet if blue and mount the amp on top. Then my cargo rack will be welded on legs to have it taller than the box and amp.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
It started life as this...

With a cargo rack on top for storage

Sub is a Kicker CRV 10" dual voice coil. Box is custom built to spec and to protect the sub... Since it's hidden and down firing.

I loved the hidden look, but I'm tired of the wasted space. So I cut the box down and will be covering it in blue carpet.. Mounting amp to top of the box.

The cargo rack is getting legs so it's slightly taller than my tool box.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I LOVE the 2x3 Spots. The blue covers are cool to.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out where to put a 10" in my gf's 04 f150 that's not under the seat lol.

The box got covered blur tonight. Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Sub box covered. Amp will be turned around and mounted where it is. Takes up A LOT less room.

Will mount some and rerun the wires tonight and remove the old donut spare bracket also.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
It looks a lot better back there! Also, it appears you have a light bar up top. Are my eyes deceiving me? Need more info. [:D]
Yeah that pic was taken at 6:30am with no flash lol. It's a cheap LED light bar from eBay wired into my dome light. No more issues seeing in the tool box at night.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Did some cutting and grinding tonight. Getting ready to weld legs and feet to the cargo rack. It's going back in like before just mounted to the floor instead of the speaker box.

Legs n feet

Basic idea, tool box will go under the rack, which is good for a few reasons. Safety in an accident being #1.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
The square tubing was free. The others just stuff I had here. We have lots of tubing and steel laying around.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
There's a man after my own heart. I like having stuff laying around. I've been known to hoard metal pieces that I think I may be able to use one day, LOL.
All metal is valuable. I pick up old metal bed frames for the angle [rofl]

61 - 80 of 91 Posts