Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full set of WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiner mats.. if you have light carpet and want to save it from the elements (especially winter!), this is an awesome investment. It will pay for itself in money you would have spent on cleaning supplies.

Picked up a shifter and black leather armrest from a wrecked 2010 Fusion. Looks so much better than the previous shifter and armrest (in top pic).

Filled in the gap with a rubber grommet:

Just thought I would share!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I need a new set of floormats. The weathertech ones are so pricey though!!

That armrest is classy. I need one to replace the stupid rubber one in mine.

Also, I have that shifter, I just cut a small hole in the trim to fit the chrome surround all the way in instead of the grommet. Here's a pic:

IMG_1026_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks rpaz!

Lyonsroar, there are also HuskyLiners, which are similar to and cheaper than WeatherTech. They also provide more coverage up the sides.. but I didn't like the design, and I knew WeatherTech is a good brand from seeing their products in the past. With your black carpet, you could probably get away with just getting their all weather mats as opposed to the more expensive DigitalFit mats.

You can find about a hundred those armrests on ebay for easily under $50 shipped [:)]. In all, the leather pistol-grip shifter and leather armrest really do make the interior feel much classier. Less lame hard plastic stuff and no more boring T-style shifter. I wish I had that chrome shroud that came with yours, but since I got mine off a 2010 Fusion, it only came with the chrome cap thing. My improv grommet doesn't look amazing, but it's doing it's job for now. Even though the Flex shifter assembly is only roughly $20, I couldn't justify spending that money when I got my shifter for free [hihi].

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm only seeing them for 2010+. Is it compatible with earlier models?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I'm only seeing them for 2010+. Is it compatible with earlier models?
I would think so, the 2010+ is just a refresh of the 06-09's, not a complete redesign like the 13's are.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I'll have to get some pics and post them of my console, radio faceplate and door switchplates. I completely disassembled them and painted them body color, which on my car is blue flame metallic. I bought it in a rattle can from a local auto body supply shop, paint code SZ. Cost me 20 bucks, and another 20 for a can of clear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll have to get some pics and post them of my console, radio faceplate and door switchplates. I completely disassembled them and painted them body color, which on my car is blue flame metallic. I bought it in a rattle can from a local auto body supply shop, paint code SZ. Cost me 20 bucks, and another 20 for a can of clear.
Wanna see!

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I added the pics to the gallery, just waiting on admin approval.

I also added them to my gallery on F150 online. Here are the pics, car is dirty, it's my DD

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks pretty cool! Really pops with the black and chrome. Plus, that blue makes me drool every time I see it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you clear coat it?

looks like you got even coverage, but it needs wetsanding I think...

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Did you clear coat it?

looks like you got even coverage, but it needs wetsanding I think...
Yeah, I cleared it. Trust me it looks a lot better when its clean and a lot better in person. I think it came out pretty good considering it was shot out of a rattle can, and anyone who has shot metallics knows its very hard to get even coverage, almost impossible from a rattle can.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The rustoleum I used for my interior laid down very nicely actually...I was surprised after the calamity I had with the OEM silver paint.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been wanting the center console/window pieces that are silver on the 2010 Milan.. maybe I can just paint mine??!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts