Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 F-150 SuperCab with the 5.0 and a towing package. LOVE the truck. I am running a toneau cover and up here in Canuckville I get snow swirling behind the rear window and crating a drift. This of course freezes & thaws and falls down between the cab and the box. The heat from the cab freezes this and I get loose chunks of ice trapped in there that rattles every time I hit the slightest bump. Anyone else have this? Anyone else have a solution? I am thinking I may paint a pool noodle black and wedge it in there just below the top of the box to try and keep the snow out. Like I said, it is a small thing but the only way I have fixed it thus far is to turn the radio up.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
1965 Ford Mustang, Houston, Texas
226 Posts
When I first read the title I thought you were talking about me. :unsure:

The pool noodle idea is good, would be cheap and work well. Another thought, use foam pipe foam, its already black. But the best plan would be to move to Texas and not worry about it. ;)

Product Tool Line Font Auto part

·
Super Moderator
113 Posts
If you make the top slot smaller than the gap it would stop that from happening. I have a one piece fiberglass cover that extends a bit in front of the bed.. Ice chunks fall through but don't get caught usually.

·
Super Moderator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I first read the title I thought you were talking about me. :unsure:

The pool noodle idea is good, would be cheap and work well. Another thought, use foam pipe foam, its already black. But the best plan would be to move to Texas and not worry about it. ;)

View attachment 2820

😄 No Les, I wasn't talking about you. The pipe insulation is a great idea and a fella like me usually has some around.

01 I need to replace my toneau cover & one of the things I am going to look for is a guard there. If not I am thinking about trapping a 3" peice of weather stripping from an over head door under the cover to span the gap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts