Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Detroit Auto Show coming up in January and we already have quite a bit of information on the 2012 Focus. But it seems like nobody has even hinted at the possibility of the 2012 Fiesta receiving any changes for next year.

As much as I'd love to see the 3-door model make it to US shores, I'm not holding my breath. That's a topic that has been beaten to death.

I guess the EcoBoost/ST version is a possible major announcement for the upcoming show. It would also be nice to see additional engine options (2.0L) for the naturally aspirated models.

I think at the very least Ford will simply revise/add technology/appearance packages for the 2012 model year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some type of performance package too, to offer something in between a base model and the rumored ST.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is talk about them adding a function in the cars' interface to defeat the traction control; as currently there is no 'safe' way of doing this.

I personally would love to have this question addressed as with the first bit of snow and icy conditions hitting the nation, there are already scattered reports of Fiesta owners begin stranded on ice by the traction control.

In the event of heavy snows, I almost feel more comfortable taking out the Focus because at least I know how that will react on ice and snow.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Good question.

We will have to see when the Detroit show comes through. I doubt they would announce a major upgrade this soon ... even though we hope they would.

I have a feeling we will hear about some kind of nice upgrade either mid to end of the summer.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Day:

I just picked up my new Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback.
Great car...But with one very disappointing issue.
Altough my car does have the Microsoft Sync System installed.
For some very odd reason, the Voice Activated Navigation System.
Is "not" included in my car, at least up intil this point in time!
Being a Canadian delivery destination.
Any ideas, thoughts, and or opinions would be appreciated.

Mike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good Day:

I just picked up my new Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback.
Great car...But with one very disappointing issue.
Altough my car does have the Microsoft Sync System installed.
For some very odd reason, the Voice Activated Navigation System.
Is "not" included in my car, at least up intil this point in time!
Being a Canadian delivery destination.
Any ideas, thoughts, and or opinions would be appreciated.

Mike.
For some reason I think the Nav system in the Fiesta is run/controlled through your phone. I know I had to register the for the Nav service separately - it didn't cost anything, I just had to register on the SYNC website - and I believe I am currently limited in my abilities to use it because my phone is slightly outdated. heh.

The Nav system in the Fiesta isn't like a GPS. You give it a location, it downloads a route map based on your current location (using your phone signal) and then give you audible turn-by-turn direction.

On a side note, this question was probably best asked in a post of its own. No harm done, just don't want to clutter a thread with off-topic posts. [cheers]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ford needs to get fogs on the next Fiesta's nose ASAP. I don't buy the nonsense that "safety requirements" here in the U.S. prevented the Fiesta's stylists for the N.A. car from designing a bumper assembly that could "safely" accommodate a small pair of recessed-into-the-bumper foglamps.

These white L.E.D. strips on the nose of our SES look cool, but from a practicality standpoint they are, in a word, useless.

Bob

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ford needs to get fogs on the next Fiesta's nose ASAP. I don't buy the nonsense that "safety requirements" here in the U.S. prevented the Fiesta's stylists for the N.A. car from designing a bumper assembly that could "safely" accommodate a small pair of recessed-into-the-bumper foglamps.

These white L.E.D. strips on the nose of our SES look cool, but from a practicality standpoint they are, in a word, useless.

Bob
100% agreed. Maybe they'll come up with a mid-year design change, like how they improved the fog lights between various 2008-2011 US Focus models.

Also note that the 2012 Focus will share the same design between US and Euro versions. About time!

Now... just do the same with the US Fiesta, Ford. PLEASE!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now... just do the same with the US Fiesta, Ford. PLEASE!!
The big difference that is that the mk3 Focus was designed to be a world car from the very start. As such, it's design can meet a multitude of safety regulations around the globe. The Fiesta mk8 was designed for Europe first and then Ford decided they would sell it in the US as well, so changes had to be made to meet US DOT regulations that weren't initially considered. We'll most likely get a refresh in 2 years as will the Euro version, but I wouldn't expect their relative % of shared parts to increase at all until the mk9 is designed in 5 years or so.

The Fiesta mk9 should be a world car just like the Focus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts