Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fiesta Fans!

I'm a newbie here representing both the new (2011) and old-school (1980) Fiestas and I have a question for folks familiar with the '80 model year:

My Oil Pressure Switch Assembly (OEM part # RZ-9278-A) has taken a dump on me so I'm looking into replacing it. The problem is that information regarding the old Fiesta is scarce on the internet. Can someone please provide any insight into the replacement job or perhaps direct me to a source for good Fiesta tutorials?

If you would like to see what part I am talking about then refer to Ref # 9278 in this 1980 Fiesta diagram.

Thanks in advance! [thumb]

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Sadly I"m not that familiar. But I do know the old 2.3 motors real well.

The question is. Is that part the same for all the old "kent" motors? I believe yours is a kent, correct?

Yeah, I doubt Ford even has much info on the old ones. Cool that you have a runner though!

I DO believe I have seen a clymer or Haynes manual printed for the old fiestas though..IF you can find one

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Fiesta that was sold in the US for model years 1978-80 only had the Kent 1.6 motor. I have plenty of used Oil Pressure Switch Assembly (OEM part # RZ-9278-A) available - make offer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts