Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a trip to the u pull and picked up a 98 F250 master. It had a Sterling 10.50 with rear discs so this should do the trick. It bolts right up and the fittings are the same (on my B2, Ranger may be different), only they are on the opposite side. I bought a new one. I just got this one to mock up, and so I will have the reservoir and a core.

F250 vs stock B2

Got the new master. Cost $39+10 core at Advance part #10-4007. Got her bench bled and installed. The new one came with a new o ring for the proportioning valve (which had to be swapped over). Other than finessing the lines to the opposite side, it went on just like the old one came off. The level sensor plug is the same too.

You can see the proportioning valve on the left one.

Installed

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Dustin, you might want to update your info. The Sterling 10.25 came in f250 and f350 trucks from 1986 through 1997 and was drum brake only, with a 8x6.5 lug pattern. In 1998 to current, Ford came out with the Sterling 10.50, which uses disc brakes only and has a lug pattern of 8x170mm.

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It must have been a 98, 10.50 Sterling then. It was marked as a 97.

Fixed. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Since the 97 F250 took the body style of the 97 F150, its possible it got the first of the 10.5's, but the 350 didn't change to the superduty til 98. Glad I could help, didn't want followers to get confused if they try to duplicate the results...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Good idea. I know a 99 Dodge 2500 mc also works and is a bolt on part, but uses the metric line fittings. Ben used it, and I used it on Daniel's Jeep, the one I did the V8 swap on...

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That might be good for a Ranger swap. I am pretty sure the fittings are different between Rangers and B2s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts