Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see who owned what before they picked up their Fiesta.

My first car was a 91 Civic hatch. I worked for Honda at the time, so I had the car bought, motor swapped and saftied for under $2000. Then the parts started coming in...It had an H&R Cup Kit, sway & strut bars, BBS 15" rims and Falken rubber, gsr brakes, intake, headers & exhaust, gutted interior, roll cage and Sparco seats. I beat the living crap out of that car for 2 years and aside from burning a little bit of oil, it never gave me a problem. A mechanic at work offered me a price that I couldn't refuse at the time, he used it as a track car. Not sure where it is now.

Then I picked up a sweet 1990 Ford Tempo for a winter beater. That car scared the living crap out of me every time I drove it. I took it off the road in the spring, welded a cage in it, pull in a fuel cell and entered it into the demolition derby that year. I let my friend drive it because I wanted to see it get smashed up. The motor thew a piston through the block before the car was even hit for the first time. It was a sitting duck and got beaten to hell for my drunken amusement.

Then I picked up my Acura, still the favorite car I've owned to date. 99 Acura EL, only available in Canada. Bone stock when I got it and kind of beat up from being daily driven by a super fat chick. Within 6 months of owning it, it had an H&R Cup Kit, strut bars, 16" Spoon rims, Falken rubber, ebc rotors and pads, braided lines, intake, headers, exhaust, short shifter, Sparco wheel, pedals and knob. DIY headlights and grill, type r lip and some other cosmetic crap. I got rid of it because I stopped working for Honda. Suddenly a $500 repair turned into a $2000 repair. Sold the car and used the down payment for my Focus.

Then my Focus. I had quite the love hate relationship with this bastard. I loved the car, I just hated mine. I had a great car that was built on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend. (according to the trace i ran on the vin) The whole story of the car can be found on Focus Fanatics. Long story short, a lady rear ended me and pushed me into 2 other cars, then she got rear ended and they both hit me again. Write off.

New Fiesta was delivered on Saturday October 2nd. Absolutely love it so far.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I like your lip and wheels on your old Honda.

The fiesta looks great.

Looking forward to seeing what you will do with it ... or will you be leaving it pretty stock?

-Ray-

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

Nothing ever stays stock, but this one will be slower with mods. Have a house and a wife now, can't just blow my money on the car anymore. But I also have a very understanding wife and she knows that car parts showing up are inevitable.

I was day dreaming with my bong earlier today, I was thinking that the Fiesta has a very good potential for a nice rear diffuser. Looking forward to seeing what the performance market has on this side of the pond in the next year or so.

Until then, the car will be getting some standard stuff. Tint is first, window visors. Maybe re-do the headliner in suede or something nice. I would really like to take the rear panel that covers the trunk area out, smooth it out with some fiberglass and paint it to match the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
First car was a '76 Pontiac Astre, clone of a Chevy Vega.[xx(] Worst quality car ever. I don't know any bad enough words for it. Next car was a '65 Chevy Corvair convertible.[cool] Still have it. The '76 was a step backwords. Next was a new '85 Ford Tempo GL.[:)] Biggest improvement every. Nicest interior of any car. Lots of padded vinyl. Next was a '95 Neon. Fast and fun.[burnout] Good car. Cheap. Next was a '04 Toyota Matrix. Junk. [:(] More squeeks and rattles than any car I every had. Lets not forget about the $3000 transmission. All the 03 and 04 manuals fail. Lastly the Fiesta SE sedan.[woot]

Dan

·
Registered
115 Posts
95 z28 camaro, 2001 mustang gt, 2004 mustang mach1, 2007 mustang gt, 2003 ford focus svt, 2004 mustang cobra, and 2011 fiesta ses hatch. The cobra is my toy and fiesta is the DD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts