Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
No it will just be a oil pump driver for me since my computer will not use the positioning sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Got everything I need for distributorless conversion minus the coil packs. Along with another intercooler and a 5.0 Explorer throttle body for $38 after taxes and fees.

Now my dilemma. I don't mind loosing the MSD coil, cap, and rotor, but I don't want to loose my $80 Massive plug wires. I don't know of a coil pack that keeps the same style plug wire as a distributer.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
No I haven't done the mod. And it won't fit on an SN95 upper.

I can put the coil packs anywhere I want so the length is not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I need an ex crank pulley, and what is that rad out of? Btw, Shane, and Dustin, I've got 98% of the new adapter figured out, including an air to water intercooler setup. Just need to fab the prototype, install it on my mustang and check clearance issues. I've got a few other things before I can get to it, but I Should have something ready by the new year. Initially, I'll have an adapter for the M90 and the M122, since I have those. The M112 will come later...

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
I'd be interested if I don't make my own by then.

I need a 302 short block to build. Doesn't have to be an Explorer motor. Really kicking myself for not pulling the whole motor now.

And one of those Explorers at Glissons has all the solenoids in the trans removed now.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Hitting Glissons for a pair of full float axles Sunday, need a tranny for 99 4.0 ranger, and 98+ ranger fenders, any 98+ rangers there? Go back and get the short block out of the ex...

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
When you get that trans, just grab the block for me [:D]

Is the 4.0 trans for John? He was up there looking for one Saturday.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Yeah, the 4.0 tranny is for John. I'm not grabbing the tranny if its been ravaged...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Project resurrection? I haven't started it yet, but I have collected parts, T5 from a 94 mustang V6, the mustang motor from the supercharged 5.0 jeep (project ss minow, its getting pulled to go with an ex 5.0 motor and trans, supercharger and new adapter to be added), sn95 spindles, rotors, struts, brakes, etc (the whole setup), sn95 rear 3.73 8.8 axle with disc brake setup and matching brake master cylinder. I need a new dash (cracked across the top vents vertically, haven't found just a replacement panel yet, front and back grey GT seats, passenger door skin, new carpet, 97 cobra rims and tires, new front bumper cover, sound system, paint, interior door panels, manual trans pedal set, and some other things I'm sure I'm missing. It's gonna be next year at the earliest that I start this resto. Most likely will get sold when I'm done...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Hmm, 96-97 model, when did you pick that up, today? If you get a chance, I need you to hit liberty in search of 98+ ranger fenders...

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
I will next time I am there. I usually only go when I can't find what I need at Glissons

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
Adjusted the rod on my slave cylinder. Seemed to make the drivability improve. I'll fine tune it a bit more.

Made some progress on the short block. Shouldn't take very long to install the cam, hone, install rods/pistons, and heads. Thinking about saving some cash and reusing the head bolts since they are not TTY bolts. Still need head gaskets, F150 lower intake, and Mustang oil pan and pickup. I may just swap the oil pan and pickup tube from my current motor once its out. I'll have to swap the flywheel and clutch as well.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Swapping back to Foxbody upper. Maybe I will get more than 4 people to realize what motor it is at the next show. The SN95 upper is goofy and I was missing the 5.0 HO plate on it.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Looks good, D. Now its time to pull it apart for the GT40 parts, lol

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
I'll get there. Shane or Rick, Autozone lists 2 Felpro head gaskets for the 5.0. Do you know what the difference is?

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
What's the two part numbers, Dustin?

SVT

281 - 300 of 303 Posts