Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Stopped by Best One today where a friend works. Needed a tire swapped from one wheel to my trailer wheel. While there I was talking about getting tires for my F150. He asked what size and I told him 18s. He walked back though stacks of used tires and found a set and told me I could have them. Told me to come back when I had more time and he'd mount them for me.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Had to weld up a couple exhaust hangers that rusted off. I hate welding on an exhaust that's still installed.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Finally got my tires mounted. Not great, but better than what I had.

Also swapped out a bad u-joint, upgraded from 3.55 to 3.73 in the rear, and installed my RuffStuff diff cover.

Look at the chunks missing from the spider gears on my stock carrier.

Also picked up a front center section with 3.73s as well. It swapped in once my new support bushings come in.

Also swapped in a Navigator cluster. Not finished with it yet though.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Not really put me closer to stock with the larger tires. Hopefully it doesn't need to downshift as much to maintain speed.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Learning that the axle I picked up was an AWD axle, lead me to just swap the gearing into my housing.

This is by far the cleanest diff I have ever seen. 160k on it and I believe I might have been the only one to actually use the 4wd.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Did you decide to swap in the L/S?

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
After realizing I'd have to swap the spider gears as well, I decided against it. If I had more time, I might have.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts