Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a 91 Ranger XLT on Sunday. 2.3, 5 speed, 2wd, single cab, long bed.

No huge plans for it at the moment other than a drop.

Pic from CL ad

Sunday after picking it up.

And one next to the B2.

Monday I installed the 2002 seats since they were just sitting in the garage.

Today I stopped by Liberty for a few odds and ends, but ended up running across some Dream Beams. Had to get them. Grabbed the passenger one today. I'll go back for the other tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Scribed. You can do a 5/7 drop and you will really like the results. Instead of buying 2" drop coils, just cut your stockers. Be sure to use a cutoff wheel or sawzall, not a torch. For out back, an ex 8.8 and 2" blocks...

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My original plan was to throw some stock XJ coils on it (possibly cut) assuming the stock ones also have a lower ppi rating like the lift ones do. Then notch the frame for the stock beams and an Ex 8.8 in the rear.

Probably just going to throw the dream beams on with an Ex 8.8 and what that looks like. I can always drop more later if I need.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up the driver side Dream Beam

And got me a center console.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
When you think you will have it dropped?

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After I pick up an Explorer axle. Should only take a couple hours. I found a couple at Glissons, but with the weather being so crappy I am just going to wait.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Makes me miss my lowrider I had. Kinda wish I still had it. Maybe I'll build another one, one day...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Hmm, that looks familiar...lol

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3.73s, limited slip, rear discs, and spring under. Dropping the Ranger tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crap, I just thought of something. Would my 91 have the large flange for the rear driveshaft? I don't remember when they started using it on Rangers. I know the B2 was the small flange on its stock 7.5.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
90-91 was last year Iirc, I'm sure you have a spare flange in the abundance of parts you have in the parts bin you call a garage...LOL

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got rid of a lot. Ill have to see. I know I have both for a 7.5, but not a 8.8.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Makin' some quick progress there! Lookin' good....

I'd like one like that someday to replace my 2.2 5spd S-10 that's getting a bit "Holey", it still works fine but the salt monster has done it's thing to the '95 by now....

Some great scavenging to find pieces to make what you want out of it!

Luck with the project.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have some rubbing issues to address since I used an 8.8 in the rear and its a bit wider. Rolled it a bit to help and discovered some underlying cancer. Not to worried about it though considering the rest of the truck has been beat on pretty good.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Dustin, it looks good. Inside the rear fender well is an inner fender. Take and cut this in the middle and add a piece of one inch filler in between to push the fender out to give you a little more tire clearance for that wider axle...

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So now that I have the 8.8 in, my brake and rear antilock light is on. I tried swapping the sensor out for the one off the 7.5 with no luck.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Check your brake fluid level....

SVT

1 - 20 of 110 Posts