Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, it looks like the euro headlights have hid's. Does the euro headlight fit the US fiesta?

·
Registered
54 Posts
No one quite knows yet. My bet is that it would at least require a little bit of extra wiring like installing the OEM Machs in the Focus. BUT, word is that FSWerks bought a pair of Euro Fiesta headlights to try in their SEMA car and the curve for the Euro lights is shallower than the US version as a result of the redesigned front bumper. I.E. if you wanted to use the Euro headlights, you'd also need a Euro front bumper and hood to fit it all properly.

The OEM Fiesta HIDs are tre expensivo at the moment... so ordering them could turn out to be either a great addition, or a costly error.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info, I'll check with FSwerks and see if they know pricing etc as well as the fitment issues. I'm not sure if I'm going to go that route juts for headlights.. not at least right away. But I figured I'd ask since there really isn't too much info on mods yet with the US Fiesta. I'll probably stick with other more go-fast fun mods first if the price is crazy.[cheers]

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeah, I really went for body with my Focus and skimped on the power mods. I really love the exterior of the Fiesta as is, so I think I'll focus on the power and performance more than look.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Interesting ... and that does make sense about the headlights not fitting just right.

Oh well ... something for the customize peeps here. I wouldn't be surprised though to see HIDs available for the Fiesta by next year.

-Ray-

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope they have more options for aftermarket in the next year or so. Prices are nice and high because there is no competition yet.. not at least for the US market lol :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if they offer a performance version of the Fiesta, it will come with an option for HID headlights (ala SVT Focus).

Because if we are being truly honest about safety, NO aftermarket projector headlight sold on Ebay is truly made for HID. They are all projector headlights for standard halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
from an aftermarket standpoint, I'm hoping Roush would start releasing some of their Mountune Products here, especially the body components.
Absolutely! I would love a Mountune type front splitter and those little canards that stick off the rear wing.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if they offer a performance version of the Fiesta, it will come with an option for HID headlights (ala SVT Focus).

Because if we are being truly honest about safety, NO aftermarket projector headlight sold on Ebay is truly made for HID. They are all projector headlights for standard halogen bulbs.
^^^ Agreed..If a performance version comes..I would hope HID is an option[thumb]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It will happen ... but if it doesn't ... Junk you are the guniea pig for the HIDs. [:)]

-Ray-

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ Sounds like a great plan. Thanks Junk, I look forward to seeing what you come up with! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe some day when I get brave enough, I'm actually pretty happy with the brightness of my lights. The led's in the bumper give off more light than I thought they would. Much brighter than my 09 Focus was, that's for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The U.K. Version of the Fiesta Headlights DO NOT FIT.

I know, I tried. :(

http://www.fordfiestaforum.com/inde...-conversion-project-projector-beam-headlamps/

HID's - I've done that, so has another member on another Fiesta Forum.

http://www.fordfiestaforum.com/index.php?/topic/456-how-to-install-hids/

Also did a Cold Air Intake.

http://www.fordfiestaforum.com/index.php?/topic/660-installed-a-cold-air-intake-in-my-fiesta-mpg/

I hope your questions have been answered.

I am waiting for the price to come down on the U.S. version headlamps. As I do not want to destroy my current lamps; I will buy a another pair. Because I want to do a projector retrofit. Or a OME headlamp with projector headlamps in the 2012 Fiesta. But from a few articles I have read, there will not be that option in the 2012 Fiesta.

Chad

·
Registered
54 Posts
UK versions are RHD, you are correct. But if you order a set of headlamps from mainland Europe, you can at least forget about that issue; they are all LHD like us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not only does the light pattern wrong, the headlamps themselves do not fit within the bumper and chasis.

You are right about mainland Europe light pattern. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not only does the light pattern wrong, the headlamps themselves do not fit within the bumper and chasis.

You are right about mainland Europe light pattern. :)
Yeah, I read your whole write up there (which was great by the way, love it when people include pictures!) and just wanted to throw it out there that mainland headlights would be one less (minor) issue.

I'm still fairly certain that the only way to make the euro lights fit properly is by replacing all of the redesigned 'US' parts on the front of the car (i.e. hood, bumper and crash bar). Nice too see that they aren't as far off as was first suspected however.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I read your whole write up there (which was great by the way, love it when people include pictures!) and just wanted to throw it out there that mainland headlights would be one less (minor) issue.

I'm still fairly certain that the only way to make the euro lights fit properly is by replacing all of the redesigned 'US' parts on the front of the car (i.e. hood, bumper and crash bar). Nice too see that they aren't as far off as was first suspected however.
Which is such a waste of money. This project can easily sink someone 1000 bills...

Right now to even think of starting this project...would cost...

Retrofit Materials List:

Pair of US Headlamps (spares for project) : 500-600 USD (OEM)
3 Inch Projectors for Low Beams : 150 USD
2.5 Inch Projectors for HI beams : 130 USD
HID's 2 pairs : 110 USD
Materials : 100ish USD

It would take a better part of a week to get this put together. (after work..free time).

I would love to sink myself into this kind of a project, but I cannot spend a grand on this right now.

:)

Chad

BTW, thanks for the kuddos on my thread. I always use others work to research, im glad something I started is helping others with their ideas.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Definitely a nice writeup! I actually just registered over there myself, I didn't realize there was another forum already sheesh. I'm glad to see there are good how-to's written already and people starting to do aftermarket work too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts