Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a look at the Fiesta. Disappointed there doesn't seem to be a Fog Lights option (yes I know they're often useless).

So why are there no fog lights? Can factory fogs (from Europe?) be fitted?

·
Banned
5 Posts
I wish we got the Euro design too. But no... they're not directly swappable. I'm gonna tell you right now that the price is going to be ridiculous to have a Euro bumper imported. You will also need a Euro hood. Both pieces will obviously have to be painted, and some underbody modification might be required for proper fitment... (stuff like the radiator bracket etc.)

Honestly it's way more trouble than it's worth. I also saw pictures of someone who retrofitted aftermarket "fog lights" behind/over the lower grille (which I won't post because I don't want to offend anyone), but personally I thought it just looked tacky. Those types of setups also involve ghetto auxillary switches that ruin the clean interior look. Maybe Ford will redesign the front end for 2013 or offer a Fiesta ST with that Euro look, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish we got the Euro design too. But no... they're not directly swappable. I'm gonna tell you right now that the price is going to be ridiculous to have a Euro bumper imported. You will also need a Euro hood. Both pieces will obviously have to be painted, and some underbody modification might be required for proper fitment... (stuff like the radiator bracket etc.)
Honestly it's way more trouble than it's worth...Maybe Ford will redesign the front end for 2013 or offer a Fiesta ST with that Euro look, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Buyers these days expect fog lights in a well-equipped car. This is another Ford marketing blunder.

·
Banned
5 Posts
I don't understand the obsession with the LED lights either. I know it makes the car "look cool" and makes other drivers/pedestrians more aware of your presence... but then again so do fog lights. At least the fog lights have the added benefit of being functional to the driver too (well, real ones at least).

It also seems inconsistent to offer the "Euro style" rounded fog lights for the 2012 Focus, but not the 2011 Fiesta. I was hoping Ford would update the look of the 2012 Fiesta to make their lineup of cars more uniform, since both cars share the Kinetic design language, buuut that won't be the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts