Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Budget, Sedan, Marketing/Advertising, Hatchback, Ford

2011 Ford Fiesta - Click above for high-res image gallery

Ford finally unveiled the U.S. version of its B-Segment Fiesta yesterday at the LA Auto Show, and thanks to some clever marketing, the Blue Oval's newest small car is already well-known to prospective buyers. Ford's ingenious "Fiesta Movement" marketing initiative, which put 100 Euro-spec subcompacts in the hands of socially advanced "agents," resulted in over six million YouTube views, 740,000 Flickr views and 3.7 million Twitter impressions. All that traffic has apparently resulted in a 60-percent vehicle recognition score in Ford's survey findings - a number that would be good for a vehicle that has already been on the market a few years.

The first Fiesta Movement was created to get the Fiesta in front of the car-buying public while engaging in customer-driven dialog. Connie Fontaine, Ford brand content and alliances manager, says that wave two will focus on "driving unparalleled consideration." In other words, Ford wants customers to be excited to buy a new Fiesta. Given the fact that Ford generated 80,000 "hand-raisers" with Fiesta Movement number one, another group of Fiesta agents probably isn't a bad idea.

Ford is looking now for 20 teams of agents to participate in getting the word out about its new small car. Interested parties can apply via video on fiestamovement.com between now and January 31. Round two begins in mid-February. Winning contestants will need to be "socially vibrant" and "in-tune with the latest happenings in their neighborhood." Winners will be chosen based on public reaction to their video presentations... though it probably wouldn't hurt to look young and Millenialish. Hit the jump to check out Ford's official press release.

Gallery: LA 2009: 2011 Ford Fiesta

[Source: Ford]Continue reading Ford accepting applications for Fiesta Movement 2

Ford accepting applications for Fiesta Movement 2 originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 03 Dec 2009 20:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Text Source: Autoblog

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Another round of Movement people ??? okay ... But the car will be released next year ... would have another group not really help?

-Ray-

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh no...here comes the plethora of Twitter threads again. [eek]

I'd love to be an Agent, but unfortunately I'm not really living in the social hub of this part of the country. [:(]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hell ... I just don't have the time ... I wonder what happens to those that don't do as much as half of the others.

-Ray-

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Bryce and I tried. His video was much better than mine. We just were not twitter heads...But I guarantee we would have driven that car further than any other agent. We were planning some epic roadtrips. And we are both self-employed...soooo.

Might try this one. My friend Bryce is 23 so he is a "Millenial" ...though he might barf at that term...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts