Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Increased demand for the Ford F-150 and Escape has prompted Ford to add shifts to its truck plants in Michigan and Missouri.

Text Source:Edmunds.com

·
Registered
827 Posts
Never understood buying a truck just to have one. When I owned one I needed it for remodeling and found it no fun to drive. I personally like something I enjoy driving, thats why I have what I have now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Drive a new F150 and you will understand why people like having trucks. Trucks can be a LOT of fun to own and drive.

I had a 2005 Screw F150 and it was incredibly smooth and everyone loved it. It was waaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than my Focus. There's something about being able to mash the peddle of a big throaty V8 and move a big truck around like it's nothing [:D]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why do people buy trucks?

Well maybe it's not people. There are a TON of fleet trucks out there, and small construction companies like mine use pickups sometimes instead of vans. If I had the capital (and was looking from an open perspective) why would I consider purchasing a truck from Dodge or Chevy, or even one of the import trucks, when the Ford is doing the best? Truthfully though, I'd get a van as I believe those still have I-beam front suspensions. I like the indestructo stuff. You who know me know how I abuse my Focus, so you can imagine how I abuse vans. Actually, I have some pics of van abuse- the tongue of the trailer is like inches off the pavement.

Big throaty V8 or not, I pulled away from my partner's 05 with a 5.4 on the highway. Make all the sound you want, but with the aerodynamics of a brick wall, more than twice the weight, and 4 times the wheel weight- the little wagon grocery getter is the winner.

It takes a ton of hp to make a truck fast- like in the Lightnings. I have a friend with a Whipple changeover- and something like 550 hp on a dyno. That truck is silly (no drive in rain) fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts