· FF Founder
As a result of our new thinking and clever modifications, the Fiesta ECOnetic is one of the most fuel efficient five-seater family cars in the UK. Not only does it deliver an outstanding fuel economy of 76.3 mpg (combined cycle), but as a result of its incredibly low CO2 emissions of just 98 g/km, there's no road tax to pay whatsoever.The Fiesta ECOnetic offers astonishing fuel economy of 76.3 mpg (combined cycle) and exceptionally low CO2 emissions of just 98 g/km. Not only is it currently one of the most fuel efficient five-seater family cars in the UK, the Fiesta ECOnetic is completely exempt from road tax.
None of these improvements have sacrificed the exceptional driving characteristics that the Fiesta is renowned for. As automotive environmental specialists, cleangreencars.co.uk put it, "we welcome any car that sets a new benchmark for the industry. That the Fiesta ECOnetic does so without any loss of driving pleasure makes the new model doubly welcome."
How It Works:
To achieve its ultra low CO2 emissions, the Fiesta ECOnetic has incorporated a range of simple modifications that include low resistance tyres and lowered sports suspension. There's also a gear shift indicator light that signals to the driver when to change gear at the optimum time. This helps to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, while also decreasing wear on the engine and transmission.
These are just some of the technical refinements that make the Fiesta ECOnetic one of the most fuel efficient cars on the road today:
- Low rolling resistance tyres - Reduces the energy required to maintain progress along the road.
- Modified engine calibration - The 1.6 litre TDCi diesel 90 PS engine with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) has been modified for optimum fuel economy.
- Transmission final drive ratio - Changed from 3.37 to 3.05, which lowers the engine rpm and reduces fuel consumption.
- Green shift indicator light - An optimum upshift gear change timing indicator to help improve fuel economy.
- Aerodynamic rear air deflectors - Channels airflow over the tyres more efficiently to reduce drag.
- Sport suspension lowered by 10 mm - Maximises aerodynamic stability to achieve a lower drag coefficient.