Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if someone could help me out. I took out the battery out of my 2011 ford fiesta to put in my honda element to give it a quick start as the battery was drained. I left it in the honda for no more than a minute, returned it to the fiesta and now the engine won't start. All the electronics, lights, radio, etc. work perfectly, but when i go to turn on the car, it wont even attempt to turn over, it's just silent. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are your cables on the whole way?? Maybe they are loose and you are getting enough power for the lights etc just not enough to turn the engine over. Never heard of a problem like that but it sounds like you just don't have enough juice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if anything, the cables might be on too tight. I made sure they are very tight...I don't understand, I thought it might be some security measure of the new ford fiesta's but that wouldn't make sense...

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
blow the main fuse maybe? If you hooked them to the wrong posts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
put the battery in correctly. It's not possible to put the battery in incorrectly in the fiesta and connect it, as the Positive terminal is very short and wouldn't reach...Been 2 days now, and still same problem. I tried giving it a boost with jumper cables, and still nothing. The engine won't even attempt to turn over, not even a click. Seems like it must be something with Ford's Securi-Lock, but I don't understand why this would happen with a simple taking the battery out for a few minutes and reconnecting....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Two thoughts, first, perhaps your Honda drained off enough of the battery to cause the symptoms.

You car should still be under warranty, You could always have it towed to the dealer and let them sort it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts