Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have a problem I bought the 2011 Ford Fiesta 1.6 and it give me 9 to 10 Kilo's per liter. I have taken the car this morning to the dealers and asked them to adjust the co's because the car is heavy on petrol.

So when I called them this afternoon, to find out if they are finnish with the car they said yes. so when i got there they only washed the car and reset the computer, and said that I must use 95 unleaded petrol. I have tested the car on 93 unleaded and 95 and still get the same 9 to 10 kilo's per liter. And they wanna charge me R480 for 1 hour labour.

Tell me if i am wrong but the computer can not adjust it self between 93 and 95 unleaded. And they must adjust it throu the software to be more lean on petrol or to get more performance.

Please advise or any help will do.

Regards

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
No, the computer will adjust itself. The car will sense Knock that your ears cannot hear. It will pull timing out of the motor and run "slower" to protect itself.

Sometimes this will cause the car to burn more gas. Keep a close eye on it and try the premium fuel for a while. See if the milage goes up with the computer reset.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts