Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

More than half a million UK customers have bought Ford Ka models thanks to its iconic design, low running costs and fun-to-drive personality.

The original Ford Ka was launched in the UK in 1996. Marketing director, Ford of Britain, Mark Simpson, said: "There were eight competitors in the Ka's market segment in 1996 - now there are 26 rivals. Offering low ownership costs and cheeky distinctive styling, the Ka has maintained its strong appeal over the years and remains at the top of its segment."

The new Ford Ka went on sale at the turn of this year and it is now leading its market segment with 14 per cent share.
New Ford Ka facts include:

•Driven by 'Bond girl' Olga Kurylenko in the movie "Quantum of Solace".
•Best selling model is Ka Zetec.
•Best selling Ka colour is black, followed by Dive (blue).
•More than 11,000 new Ka models have been sold since its launch in January this year.
•90 per cent of sales are to private customers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd like to test drive one of these.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Same here ... I love the commercials ... with the KA killing the cat ... lol. Wrong but funny. ... I also would like to see a new version of the Puma ... probably wont happen though.

-Ray-

·
Registered
671 Posts
Why isn't this being sold in the U.S.??? Better mileage than a Smart Car, and it has more room.

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well ... to add to you smart car mileage it even has more cargo space and I bet even a better safety rating.

-Ray-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Awesome....good for Ford and the Ka. I think reason we aren't getting it any time soon is we are getting the Fiesta, which is already small by American standards. Is there really a need for a Ka, probably not, I think the Fiesta will fill up the space just fine.

·
Registered
671 Posts
People are buying Smart Cars and the Yaris in the U.S. So The Ka would have a niche in the U.S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts