Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My youngest kid just turned fifteen today and I need to get her something to drive. So the wife and I went down to the dealer to check out the new fusion and new escape. Anyway the plan was to get her a new focus, but now I might get myself a 13 Ti fusion and let the kid drive my 11 SEL.

Anyway, the 13 fusion had every option except AWD and stickered for 36 and change. The power from the 2.0 EB seemed about the same as my 11 with the 3.0 V-6. The interior is huge compared to the first gen fusions, I'm 6'3" and I normally put the seat all the way back in whatever I drive and in the 13 with the seat all the way back I had to reach for the pedals and steering wheel. The only thing I would change is the color, get me one just like it in deep impact blue.

While I was there they had two Focus ST's and I got to drive one of them also. First Impression, I don't like it. Waaay to much torque steer and hard to control under hard acceleration. I can see many ST's totaled and in the junkyard if inexperienced drivers get ahold of them.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was there any lag from the turbo? I believe 2.0L EB puts out more HP and torque over the old V6.
I didn't notice any, but i didn't drive it really hard. I think the 2.0 EB in the fusions/MKZ's/escapes are rated at 240 w/premium fuel and 231 on regular, the old 3.0 was rated at 240. The 13's are supposed to be slightly lighter than the 06-12's and the EB has more torque than the 3.0 also.

I loved the interior of the 13 Ti, made me feel like I was in a fighter jet. [thumb] Reminded me of the old Mark 8 interior from back in the 90's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up my 2013 last week and it has the 2.0 EcoBoost. There is very little torque steer when the right pedal is applied liberally (which I have done a little bit). Mine is Tuxedo black with the moonroof and 19" rims...all options except AWD, Nav and Park Assist.

Will be happy to provide info if anyone has questions.

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
I picked up my 2013 last week and it has the 2.0 EcoBoost. There is very little torque steer when the right pedal is applied liberally (which I have done a little bit). Mine is Tuxedo black with the moonroof and 19" rims...all options except AWD, Nav and Park Assist.

Will be happy to provide info if anyone has questions.
Awesome, congrats and welcome to the forum. You should share some pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I think I'm gonna have to go test drive one, definitely with the EB...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drive the 2.0 EB, not the 1.6

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Will do so very soon in a new thread...don't want to hijack this one more than I already have ;-)
Naah, your good. I started this thread and I don't consider it as being hijacked.[thumb]

1 - 20 of 104 Posts