Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
here its 35% on the fronts and 20% rears.
My last car I found the auto dimming rearview mirror didn't like 20% and would not darken at night. seems to be ok with this tho.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I liked the stock shifter.

When are you going to correct that wheel gap?
installed the new SR shifter today and barton mount.
easy cheesy to do, even with the car on ramps, but I wouldn't suggest fat guys trying it. laying under a car on ramps trying to stick both arms between the exhaust a ds to pull the old mount off and place the new wasnt a pleasure for medium size guy like me.
The suspension? when it stays sunny and never dips below 60 during the winter in south dakota... so pretty much not happening

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I played contortionist trying to get my arms up in there myself. I;m not big, but I;m not small either. had to shimmy under the car to gat at it... several times because I forgot something...
and had to drive up on a piece of 2x6 to get on the ramps...lol

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
dips at a 45 deg angle and avoid speed bumps... no way in hell I'm lowering it. only animal I think thats safe from decapitation is a gopher.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have heard of a lot going to the Barton shifter but after that really crappy one in the '07' this one shifts just fine so far. I had to get a better low profile jack for mine, said only three pumps to get it up, well I am down on weight so have to jump on it. I don't know how low the Stang is but can't even think of going lower. That tint and color go good together. Almost went with the green. What size rims are those?
Dave

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Performance package comes with 19" rims.
Have to pull the shifter and do some modifying. the mounting holes are off ever so slightly and allow it to overtravel to the left before it hits the stop making it hard to find first if your not conscious of the problem. need to hog the bolt holes to the right just a tad to tighten up the clearance.
definitely more precise shifting sice when it hits neutral it automaticaly centers, which means your going to third... havent missed a shift yet. Knob does sit lower and the throw is a tad shorter.
But... it definitely has a mechanical feel to it with a perceivable thunk when rowing gears, kinda like rowing and old school muncie...
I also found one other thing, wish manufacturers would include bolt 1/4" longer. you're going from sheetmetal to 1/4" aluminum, you definitely only want to snug the bolts and not tighten them as I found out with one. theres not enough thread engagement.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ok, I said screw it and ordered a barton short throw short shifter. Nothing but rave reviews on function, fit, and finish.
I'll sell this one at a swap meet and let the person know what mod needs to be done.
After I started reading deeper into reviews, I started seeing more problems... go figure they would hide this. And to think that this is american muscles house brand.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ehh, didn't really spend much on the shifter in the first place.
now the barton I did... 269 to be exact (I friggin forgot I had a 10% code too). the barton mount was 70. drake shift boot adapter 20, custom knob 40, smoke headlight covers 60, hood strut kit 160 (mounts are body color, bye bye prop rod), tint 190, gt/cs spoiler w/paint & mount 450(spoiler w/ paint was done 3 mos ago for 350).
Holy shit...

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Karl was nice enough to do a custom color for me :)
And yes, they are that beefy. Now for install...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts