Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
1965 Ford Mustang, Houston, Texas
176 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Do you have a favorite Ford?

·
176 Posts
New guy. Ford F-150 owner from Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Daily driver or weekend warrior? Any major changes or mainly stock? Own any other Fords?

·
Super Moderator
72 Posts
Daily driver. A gruelling 5 minute commute through city streets long before anyone sensible is even awake.

I had a 2006 F 150 and that was the reason I purchased this used three years ago. 4wd with a tow package.

I grew up a Chevy guy in a Chevy family in the ‘60’s and ‘70’s. I started loosing confidence in the offerings GM was putting out through the ‘90’s and really haven’t been attracted to their style choices since.

I bought the 2006 F150 cause I needed a truck and it was a really good deal. Was strictly a broke dude finding a pick up for as little as possible. I was really impressed with it. It was a no brainer to go that route again.

I had a 1966 Mercury Cougar with a 200 straight six and a two speed automatic as a you buck in college. It was slow as you would expect but man was it cool. It had the low back bench seat that barely came up to your arm pit. Loved driving that car. It was my daily driver in the early 80’s and was always popular with “the Ladies”.

·
Super Moderator
92 Posts
Welcome Tinsnips - I'm new here too.

I have a 20 year old F150 that has suffered through 20 winters here in Maine and has the scars to prove it. I wouldn't trade it for a new one, well unless it was an extremely good deal but that won't happen LOL

·
176 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Nice to have you here. Being in an area where salted roads are a fact of life for probably half the year, how has rust been on the 150? Have you done anything to slow the fist down?

·
Super Moderator
92 Posts
Rust is a constant problem. I spray the underside with Fluid Film every year and it helps. It's a lanolin based undercoating - best stuff I have found.

·
176 Posts
We have similar issues on the Gulf Coast. The Fords down here seem to hold up better then most. Definitely makes doing something like a simple brake job into an all day affair if the bolts are rusted. I've got the bloody knuckles to show for it.

·
Super Moderator
92 Posts
I just replace the rotors, calipers, pads, shoes, dust shields, everything every 3-4 years. This year I replaced all the brake lines for the 3rd time I think. There is no reviving them.

·
Super Moderator
72 Posts
Do they spray the brine on he roads there? They put brine down before a storm comes in to help prevent the snow from sticking and makes plowing easier. They still salt and sand but less is needed. I have noticed the brine is particularly hard on brakes lines.

·
Super Moderator
92 Posts
Yes, loads of brine and everything that melts snow and rusts steel. I wonder how long a brine truck lasts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts