Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I might be buying a Fiesta today or this weekend, My Mustang started giving me Transmission problems and I might be trading it in if i get some cash out of it.

What should I expect from the Fiesta? I know it has less power but it would be good enough to say go to Tahoe, Yosemite or Vegas?

I had an old little Fiesta, or my dad had one and since they say it was coming back i wanted one, I was aiming to be my second car and keep the Mustang but I really don't like Transmission problems since it can get expensive, so far its a flashing light on the dash and the code points to temperature, change the sensor but still flashes so idk.

I'm looking forward to test the Fiesta.

=======================================================================
Edit: New pics 1/26/11

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You will enjoy the Fiesta. I test drove one a month ago ... and they will surprise you.

Yes, you will have less power than your stang, but it will get you better gas mileage and still give you that zippy feel through traffic and around town and on your trips.

-Ray-

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Agreed ^^ It handles great, has enough power to go anywhere, and isn't screaming in top gear either.. A nice ride. Let us know what color you choose

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the comments, so last week my Mustang started jerking every time it shifted, so decided to go to the dealer on Saturday and trading it :( (Love my Mustang, even if it was a v6 only, it had side exhausts) so i got 1k for it didn't expect more or less than that.

I got a Dark Grey SE 5-door Fiesta, with Sync, Fog Lights. So far love it, love the millage, its an Automatic.

Will post pics this weekend.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
^^^ Very cool....the sync is neat once you get used to it

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sunnyvale Ford, same place i got my Mustang.

Sticker price was $19K with 6 year warranty. I got $1k for the stang plus $500.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
^^ Well that's good to hear. I hate the mark-up business, but I guess its a free market...soooo.

I remember when Suby STI's first came out they were 5k above sticker in baltimore, but were going for list just 2 hours drive away...

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^ Well that's good to hear. I hate the mark-up business, but I guess its a free market...soooo.

I remember when Suby STI's first came out they were 5k above sticker in baltimore, but were going for list just 2 hours drive away...
True, like when the Shelby came out, actual price was what 40k-50k plus mark-up came to 60k-70k

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
^^ WOW, thats nuts, and then right at the end of sales they were going for list...ohh if I was a little more wealthy...I looked at my pile of bikes and cars and thought about it...

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Pictures, not very good, will take more today and better ones over the weekend.

========================================================

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, I just toke these pics before I got to work. I need to take pictures of the interior also, what i like the most about the car is the "driving lights" that are vertical. The color is "Monterey Gray Metallic" with black interior.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks nice! Congrats!

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks nice! Congrats!
Thanks, I would like to add some stripes or graphics on my car, even thought of using that washable dupli-color spray paint, black of course.

Anyone ever tried that washable spray paint? is it save?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts