Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been here a while and I finally got tired of my yellow MK 3 focus so I traded it in today for this http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1EF0DFD16836

After X plan and rebates it cost me $40,040

I chose the 5.0 over the ecoboost because I don't tow anything and the 5 liter is $1,095 cheaper plus there is an additional $500 rebate for getting the 5 oh.
And the biggest reason I chose the 5 liter is there is a lot more performance parts available for it versus the 3.5 EB engine. From two different intake manifolds (the boss 302 and the cobra jet) several CAI's, cams, long tube headers and about a dozen different supercharger setups from the old style roots to the eaton TVS to the twinscrew setups and the centrifugals. And of course turbo setups, single and twin. Also there are 3 different COYOTE crate engines available from Ford racing and tons of forged internal parts available and stroker and big bore kits out there.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Sweet, when will you have pics? I'm planning to get a 5.0 and 6R80 out of a wrecked 11+ F150 for my 77 EB...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe tomorrow. I have to go back to the dealer so they can setup my sync account, the 13's with the sony sound and nav get the my ford touch just like the focus does except my seat heater/cooler controls are on the touch screen like the new explorers have. They also have to finish prepping it. They had enough time today to just give a quick wash before I had to go to work.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I really like that color! Since I know you're like me and can't leave anything alone, what's on the mod list?

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha you been talking to my wife haven't you. J/K Actually the biggest reason I chose the 5.0 is the upgrade potential. First on my list is long tube headers and a magnaflow cat back. I would also like to get a set of cams from comp cams. I also want to throw on a boss 302 intake.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Let me know how the cams respond. I'm planning to get a 5.0 & 6R80 from a wrecked 11+ F150 for my 77 bronco. I'm thinking a set of cams and an M122...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just google cammed coyote engines on youtube there are tons of videos out there. You have to realistic about what you want out of the cams and choose the right cams for your needs. And you need to find a competent tuner. If the guy don't know his craft he can make a stock motor run like crap, or if he's really good he can make it run like a raped ape. Tuning is everything on these newer motors, more so than the actual hard parts.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I know about the tuning, I'm actually getting into that now. I know enough to get me in trouble, but I'm smart enough to not blow my engine. I have an SCT X2 handheld, plan to get the livewire soone, and with that gonna get the pro race package, so I can self tune. Plan to study the differences from my current custom tune to the stock tune, and start learning. I know about fuel and timing curves, how engine load affects AF ratios, etc. So I think I've got a good head start...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know about the tuning, I'm actually getting into that now. I know enough to get me in trouble, but I'm smart enough to not blow my engine. I have an SCT X2 handheld, plan to get the livewire soone, and with that gonna get the pro race package, so I can self tune. Plan to study the differences from my current custom tune to the stock tune, and start learning. I know about fuel and timing curves, how engine load affects AF ratios, etc. So I think I've got a good head start...

SVT
You know more about it than me.[cheers]

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Good heavens.... you're insurance must be high!

I take it you are a pilot, as your info says?
Actually I only pay the insurance on the three 13's my 24 yo daughter pays the fusion ins it's her car.

No I'm not a pilot, just an electrician in a steel mill. I work a lot of OT so I can afford the toys I want. This year I already maxed out my social security, where you make so much they stop deducting social security out of your check for the rest of the year. The cut off this year is 113, 700

I was just looking at my profile and nowhere does it say I'm a pilot, don't know where you got that from [confused]

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually I'm a member on focus fanatics so that is where the focus addict came from, and most of my post count. I saw the senior pilot thing the other day and have no clue what it means.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
If you recently synced your accounts, that's what its from...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey ranger, since your here, i have a question. Who owns Focus fanatics and Blue Oval Fanatics? I'm a member on F150 online and have been for 8 years and ther forum is almost identical to this one. They are owned by Internet Brands. I was wondering if they could be merged with this one if you both have the same parent company.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Tom started focus fanatics a while back. If I'm remembering correctly, some point on 09 he started blue oval fanatics (which is why you have the ability to sync your accounts). I've been with BOF since Nov of 12, since then, Tom has asked me to take charge/more responsibility on the ranger fanatics, I gladly accepted. I'm not the first in charge over there, but I do have some authority [:D]
From the numerous forums I've been on (trs, ff, f150, BOF, mustang forums, etc) there is only a handful of different versions of forums, which seem to have the same format...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have the first two mods on the way from amazon.

Amazon.com: Dee Zee DZ43200 Tailgate Assist: Automotive

Amazon.com: Auto Ventshade 194155 In-Channel Ventvisor, 4 Piece: Automotive

And I did this to my backseats the day after t-day. I'm kinda slacking, it took me a whole three days to start modding my truck. I started on my 07 20 minutes after I got home.

On the 09+ 150 supercrews the back seat has a hidden latch to access the back wall of the cab and as it comes from the factory you have to reach down behind the seat and pull on that little nub to release the seat. So I drilled a hole in the nub and used an old T-handle allen wrench and stuck it thru the hole and bent the end over so it won't come out. And viola a simple handle that is right at the top edge of the seat back, easy to reach and easy to pull but far enough down that you can't see it.

Here is a close-up pic of the latch on the bench

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those were new ford parts. In 2010 ford switched to e-fans on the f150's and I just modified one to fit my 07. I bought it from Tasca ford parts online. I paid like 220 for it.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Shane, you need to do some research. I believe your ECU can control an E fan rather than the way its wired in the stang...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Yeah, my tuner has separate low and high speed adjustments, I need to dig to see if my ECU has that capability...

SVT

1 - 20 of 43 Posts