Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The ventshades and tailgate assist showed up today, but I'll have to wait until Tuesday to put them on, I'm only working 10 hours that day so it will still be light out when I get home and I can install them, besides it's 29 degrees and snowing right now in Cleveland and I don't feel like putting them on in the cold.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I put the tailgate assist on today.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I put on a set of AVS in-channel vent visors Friday. Also I ordered a set of shorter 2wd u-bolts so I can remove the rear blocks. The idea is to lower the rear of the truck and get the bed out of the clouds and level out the truck.

You can either buy a leveling kit and raise up the front to match the rear, or remove the rear blocks and bring the back down. Removing the blocks is cheaper and you don't have to get an alignment after. Besides, I think the stock front height is just about right with the stock 20" tires, where as the rear sits too high. If I were putting on bigger tires, I would raise the front, but the truck only has 900 miles right now so if I put on bigger tires it won't be until the stockers are worn out.

When I get them and have a nice enough day, I'll snap a few before and after pics and do a little write up for you guys.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. You can always hang onto the stock U bolts and blocks just in case later on when its time to get rubber you can go the lifted level route...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That's exactly what I did with my 07, I actually ran it like that until I wore out the stock tires. Took me 30k miles to do it. Then I put a 3" leveling kit in the front and a set of 3" rear blocks from Autospring and put on some 35x12.50x20 nitto trail grapplers on the stock 20" wheels.

bone stock the day I got her

rear blocks removed later that same day

with the 35's on

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I'm running nitto terra grapplers on my Trac now, 275/55/20. I'm thinking of going up to 285/65/20 (35" equivalent) as I'm needing tires shortly. Your old one looks good, but the 13 looks better!

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm running nitto terra grapplers on my Trac now, 275/55/20. I'm thinking of going up to 285/65/20 (35" equivalent) as I'm needing tires shortly. Your old one looks good, but the 13 looks better!

SVT
I initially planned on terra grapps when I put new tires on my 07, but just before I was ready to buy the trail grapps came out so I tried them. It's funny you mention your running 275/55/20, that's the stock size tire when you have 20's. It's what I have on my 13 now.

Thanks for the compliment, I really liked the 07, it almost killed me to sell it. Looking back, the 13 is a better truck and better equipped, and doesn't have that pig of a 3 valve 5.4 with those long reach plugs that like to break off in the head.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
That's actually why I chose that size, its a common size among full size Ford's so it wouldn't cost a ton of money for an odd ball size. I'm running 410s now and I need a little taller tire, right now at 60 I'm running 2000 rpm. I'd like to be able to run at least 65 and stay under 2k. When the Dana 60's go under the Trac, I was planning to run 456 gears with a 35 or 37, but I may end up staying with the 410s that's in the axles now...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
its a common size among full size Ford's

SVT
GM too, the gm twins run this size also. Dodge is the oddball, they run 275/60/20 stock.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I wish the 285/65/20 was a common size, they're running about $350 each...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I'm not too much worried about that. The bfgoodrich ko all terrain is what I'm wanting to run. I know I can get high mileage out of them. I ran the km mud terrains on my ranger and got over 60k miles out of them. I'm pretty sure I can get at least 80k out of them, they wear well, and it'll have the traction I need for the occasional off-road trips...

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I just got a delivery from the big brown truck today. Now I have to find a spot on the tailgate to put it.

I had one on my 07 and my 05. It was originally from the 04-06 expeditions with the FX4 off road pack and it was on the rear hatch. In all the years I've known about this badge I've only seen one expy with it, and that was way back in 06. If anyone wants one, the part # is 2L1Z-7842528-ABB
Currently Tasca is charging 42.53 for it then you can get 5% off if you use the discount code.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Well I put the badge on my tailgate. I measured out to the center of the F150 badge on the left side and I calculated the center of the FX4 badge needs to be 6.25" in from the edge of the tailgate to balance out the look.

The badge on my 07

and on my 05

·
Registered
575 Posts
Your old Focus maybe pictured in todays Plain Dealer in the add for John Lance

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Yep, that's it. But last I looked they were asking 18,800 for it. Actually John Lance is where I traded it in.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)

·
Registered
575 Posts
It used to be Alpine was the only US maker probably now all china

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Awesome! I have a question on those amps. Are Kenwood amps made in the US? I know their webpage is/was kenwoodusa.com but I think they are a Japanese company?
You are correct. Kenwood has always been a jap company.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It makes her mad, but I'm the only one who has a job. So what I say goes, end of discussion. Besides, I'm paying her way thru college to get her masters in phyc and she's a full time student.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The sub is going under the back seat where the stock sony 8" sub is now. I have a box from my 07 that has a 10" kicker in it now, I'm going to stick the 10" Image Dynamics in it until I get a custom box made.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts