Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SES I bought had this option attached to it. When the car arrived it was not applied to the vehicle yet as it had just came off of the truck. They later applied it and I really don't like the way it looks on the Red Fiesta. Does anyone else think these look a bit tacky? I am thinking about having them remove it.

They also applied the 'mud flaps' as part of the exterior protection package. I am wondering if something as simple as a few panels on the SFE package can increase it by 3mph, Do these 'mud guards' decrease mpg any by altering the aerodynamics?

-GG

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice observation about the Mud Flaps.

Do you have a pic of the Keypad? Interested to see what that looks like on the car.

-Ray-

·
Registered
158 Posts
Given their small size and location on the car, those mudflaps shouldn't account for any appreciable drag that would noticeably affect your overall MPG. The Fiesta was gone over with a fine-toothed comb during wind testing to keep the shape as aerodynamic/fuel efficient as possible, even to the extent of moving the car's antenna to the rear of the roof to further reduce potential friction/drag at speed out on the road. If mudflaps had seriously messed with Ford's calculations for the Fiesta's stated MPG, they wouldn't be offering them as part of an optional package.

Bob

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love my keyless entry/push button and push to start button. It works great especially when your coming out of the grocery store, you can just leave the keys in your pocket, open the door, start the car, and off ya go!

Edit: Just noticed that your maybe talking about the keypad with the numbers?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love my keyless entry/push button and push to start button. It works great especially when your coming out of the grocery store, you can just leave the keys in your pocket, open the door, start the car, and off ya go!

Edit: Just noticed that your maybe talking about the keypad with the numbers?
Jon, how does this work when you exit your car? Do you have to manually push a lock button either in the car or on the keyfob, or does the car automatically lock itself as you walk away from it?

Also, how do you use the radio in Accessory mode? The dealership says there's a small button on the dash you press for that function, in Fiestas with pushbutton start. Just wondering, since we still don't have our car yet.

Bob

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jon, how does this work when you exit your car? Do you have to manually push a lock button either in the car or on the keyfob, or does the car automatically lock itself as you walk away from it?

Also, how do you use the radio in Accessory mode? The dealership says there's a small button on the dash you press for that function, in Fiestas with pushbutton start. Just wondering, since we still don't have our car yet.

Bob
+1[?]

·
Registered
115 Posts

Bob
Car does not manually lock to my knowledge, so when I walk away I hit the lock button on the keyfob. To use accessory mode with the car off, "Push" the push to start button and all accessory's will come on and you can use the radio and whatever else. To start the car, you have to hold the brake down and "Push" the push to start button.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Car does not manually lock to my knowledge, so when I walk away I hit the lock button on the keyfob. To use accessory mode with the car off, "Push" the push to start button and all accessory's will come on and you can use the radio and whatever else. To start the car, you have to hold the brake down and "Push" the push to start button.
Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks, Jon!

Really appreciate the info. Can't wait to try it out on our new Fiesta, but when that will be who knows? Your guess is as good as ours, these days. We supposedly have an ETA of the 30th of this month, but when Mike gave us the news the other day we just smiled at him and went on our way.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts