Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my pops installed coilovers a couple weeks back on my Fusion. Finally got out on Saturday to do a quality photoshoot.

I'm on 19x8.5 Axis Super Hiro's ET35. 245/35/19 Nitto NeoGen. I have 4-5 threads left up front and about 6 left in back.

This is the height I think it'll stay at until winter. I like the tiny bit of rake, plus it allows me to still haul things in the trunk!

IMG_0969_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

IMG_1546_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

IMG_1713_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

IMG_1755_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

IMG_1743_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Leaving the garage...lost some paint here...[woot]

IMG_1779_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

IMG_1773_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Favorite shot:

IMG_1683_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks good as always Dietrich!

-Stefan-

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow it was really dirty under the hood. I can only imagine how long it took to clean that, it takes me almost a hour to clean under my hood and it already clean. Looks good as always!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^not that long actually! I used the spray and drive method!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ok I've been thinking about this the past couple days. How about changing out your hood front bumper and headlights for the ones off a Milan. That way you could get HIDs. Don't take this wrong but I think the milan front fascia looks a bit more meaner too.

I'm hoping your grille will fit in the place of the mercury one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lyonsroar, that is one nice looking Fusion! You take some nice pictures too!

Did you color match your fog light housing or is that factory.
I want to color match my fog light housing and lower grill. I can't decide if I want to color match silver to my grill or go tan to match body.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I've been thinking about this the past couple days. How about changing out your hood front bumper and headlights for the ones off a Milan. That way you could get HIDs. Don't take this wrong but I think the milan front fascia looks a bit more meaner too.

I'm hoping your grille will fit in the place of the mercury one.
Hmmmm...I dunno how interchangeable they are. Will have to ask Troy. I agree the Milan front bumper is sexier...and the headlights with HID's would be nice...

Lyonsroar, that is one nice looking Fusion! You take some nice pictures too!

Did you color match your fog light housing or is that factory.
I want to color match my fog light housing and lower grill. I can't decide if I want to color match silver to my grill or go tan to match body.
Thanks! I take lots of pictures! Check out my FlickR stream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/0-60photography/

and "LIKE" my Facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/060Photography

I color matched the housings myself. It was a PITA because the Ford Silver Frost Metallic paint is $20 per rattle can and there isn't a generic alternative...[?|]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks! I take lots of pictures! Check out my FlickR stream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/0-60photography/

and "LIKE" my Facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/060Photography

I color matched the housings myself. It was a PITA because the Ford Silver Frost Metallic paint is $20 per rattle can and there isn't a generic alternative...[?|]
Thanks for the heads up. I really want to do mine. It's hard to find pics of the 06-09 models with the lower grill/housing color matched.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it came color matched on some of the '06-'09 "sport" trim level...

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Sport Appearance Package (SAP) Fusions debuted in 2008 and came with color-matched fog light bezels.

I used to not really care for slammed cars, especially Fusions. However, the more I see yours with those 19 inchers, the more I love it. I also love the roof spoiler with no decklid spoiler. Very unique; well done sir. Keep it up! [thumb]

Any other planned mods for the future?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow it was really dirty under the hood. I can only imagine how long it took to clean that, it takes me almost a hour to clean under my hood and it already clean. Looks good as always!
^not that long actually! I used the spray and drive method!
I detail with my friend once a week at the shop he works at for some extra cash and I learned a few pretty good tricks. For the engine bay, if you have a power washer and some degreaser you can clean under the hood in like 2 mins! Obviously the dirtier it is and the more you want to get in the nooks and crannies the longer and more in depth you will have to be...anyway, you spray the degreaser all through out the engine bay, like soak it and then let it sit for about 20 seconds. After you just take the pressure washer and blast the shit out of the engine bay (just make sure you dont spray any loose wiring or exposed wiring with the direct blast of the water as well as stay away from any exposed filter. After that you can repeat the process if you want and then also use a towel and degreaser to get the tight spaces if needed. When done just finish by spraying with a cover all dressing or you could even use a tire shine spray (not the cleaner and shine in one obviously) and then run the car for like 5-10 minute to let it dry and soak in. As long as you are careful, there is nothing to worry about. Just thought I would share!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Sport Appearance Package (SAP) Fusions debuted in 2008 and came with color-matched fog light bezels.

I used to not really care for slammed cars, especially Fusions. However, the more I see yours with those 19 inchers, the more I love it. I also love the roof spoiler with no decklid spoiler. Very unique; well done sir. Keep it up! [thumb]

Any other planned mods for the future?
Not a whole lot left for me to do really...need to get a few dents in the doors banged out. Also want to colormatch my chrome grilles eventually. Also need to have the trunk and hood resprayed if I keep it long enough...[?|]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking good.
Just noticed how you aligned your name in this photo...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking good.
Just noticed how you aligned your name in this photo...
then no one can steal the pictures! just makes it harder to remove.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also got new brakes...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts