Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the car on March 1, 2009 with 40,000 miles and watch as it has changed since...

Stock

K&N Typhoon Intake

Zephyr Engine cover with MERCURY lettering

Pinstripe removal and Tail light vinyl

Fusion Center Cup Holders

Winter 2009-2010.. 85 inches in Boone, NC

3dCarbon Front Spoiler and Smoke Side markers

Fierce Instinct ZR tires

Entire new suspension with Ford Racing Lowering Springs/Steeda Strut Tower brace/Steeda Rear Sway Bar & Endlinks
FFC removed my picture during their upgrade...

Steeda Strut Brace

sittin' low after install

from the front

3dCarbon spoiler

I am currently sitting at 57,000 miles 3 years later. I will update with more pictures as I continue to modify this car. Leave me some feedback!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wish I had an engine cover just to clean that rats nest of a bay the 4 cylinders have...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice any plans for wheels? I say nah to the eye lids looks good without them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already got some wheels. I have to take them to the machine shop to have the center bore opened up to 67.1mm... I also am getting some MERCURY center caps from an 09 Mountaineer. These wheels have 191 miles on them so they are practically brand new, not bad for 460 bucks.

19x8 Ford Flex wheels

·
Registered
177 Posts
yea those will look damn good man those are 19s aren't they? I can tell you now chrome is a PITA to keep clean, I have to clean mine 3 or times a week if I can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true about the chrome, but I don't drive the car in the rain or winter... I am lucky.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How much louder is the intake?
I am undecided what I want to do to mine. Fearful of making it not sound right for the look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much louder is the intake?
I am undecided what I want to do to mine. Fearful of making it not sound right for the look.
well I have the V6 and you have a 4 cyl.. up above about 3K rpm it has a nice rumble to it and it rumbles all the time when it's under load like when the AC is on...I love it actually. I don't know what the 4 cyl would be like. I have heard it's much louder all the time, but what is loud to one person is great for another.

·
Registered
66 Posts
well I have the V6 and you have a 4 cyl.. up above about 3K rpm it has a nice rumble to it and it rumbles all the time when it's under load like when the AC is on...I love it actually. I don't know what the 4 cyl would be like. I have heard it's much louder all the time, but what is loud to one person is great for another.
Thanks. I had a CAI on my 2.0 Focus and to me, it was LOUD. Sounded like a vacuum running under the hood, lol. I will have to try to meet up with someone locally with one on a 2.3 and listen to it.

VERY nice car BTW.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's gotten louder too over the past months. I will use my DSLR to get a better one for you some time here in the next few days...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
July 20th -- Centric PowerSlot Slotted Rotors with Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic Pads

Old vs New - Rear *look at the chunk missing at the top of the old rotor!!

Old vs New - Front

Old Rotor - Front :shock:

New Rotor - Front :)

Old Rotor - Rear
FORGOT TO TAKE PIC :dur:

New Rotor - Rear

Took it out for some spirited braking, wow so much better than what I believe were the factory installed rotors. They make a swoosh sound when braking, I am guessing it is the slots I don't know. But it actually stops now! They weren't terribly expensive, I got all of it for $366 shipped.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
check out pics above of the new slotted rotors and ceramic pads...

after brake install... love B&W photos.

It's obvious after I get my wheels on that I need some cat-back Magnaflow

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking good man!

The dealership replaced my rotors and pads all around when they took my car in from the previous owner. They must have put the cheapest pads on that they could. It stops fine, but dust up like CRAZY.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never had that much problem with dust.. but then again there wasn't much pad left on mine. I believe they were the factory rotors and pads. Much better now and no dust at all with the ceramic pads.

·
Registered
82 Posts
how do you like the ceramics? are they bad in the cold?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well considering I have only put 14 miles on the car since I installed them... I love them except the very first time I apply them in the morning. It could be that I have the slotted rotor but it makes a shudder sound at low speeds but only on the first time I apply the brakes at the end of the driveway, after that they are great. It was 57 degrees this morning and they did well for the .12 miles I drove to work...

They are very good from higher speeds (50mph+), nice response and grip on the rotor. No dust whatseover...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts