Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone,

I was just curious about what kind of mileage everyone gets with their Fiesta's. I have an '11 ses hatch and on 35 litres of fuel I'm getting 500kms. That's no where near what is claimed anywhere else. I drive 95% highway, never hit the red line (in this car) and no longer drive as 'spirited' as I used to. Had a kid and settled me down I guess. I know it can take some time for the economy to pick up, but I'm at 6,000kms and my first tank of fuel was still my best (524kms)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got 8k miles on my car rite now and combined city/highway, in getting 37.6mpgs.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It can Vary per region from altitude and such ...

Though I see that you guys aren't hitting the 40 marker as commercialized, but 36+ is pretty damn good.

-Ray-

·
Registered
86 Posts
It can Vary per region from altitude and such ...

Though I see that you guys aren't hitting the 40 marker as commercialized, but 36+ is pretty damn good.

-Ray-
I'm getting 34mpg in combined miles. On a drive of about 100 miles on the freeway I got over 44 mpg. I reset after that trip so the 34 mpg does not include that 44 mpg outlier. I used to get 22.5 mpg from my Volvo S80 doing the same driving, however I had to use the middle grade gas for the Volvo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
just about 5000 miles on my SES and you can see how my fuel mileage is fairing here:

Slipster17: Fuelly

It is getting increasingly easier to hold the car at a higher avg mpg. I drive about 40%-60% city-highway on my way back and forth to work each day. Round trip is 72 miles a day.

Just an FYI; the advertised 40mpg highway is only for the 6-speed Powershift auto [;)]

·
Registered
73 Posts
My SE sedan with the 5 speed manual best was about 44, no a/c on in September driving it very consevatively. Several tanks were over 40. This morning with winter here, driving a little faster and accelorating harder it was only 30 mpg.[eek]

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Its nice to see that 40 is totally doable on the highway!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Our Fiesta is about to turn 10,000 miles, and in the time since we took delivery in August our average fuel economy has never dropped lower than 36mpg. Right now the readout says we're getting a little over 39mpg, not too bad for the severe weather conditions the car is currently operating under on a daily basis.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
first four tanks were 37.3, 38.0, 40.4, and 41.3

I log around 75mi/day and 80% highway. I run 75mph while highway driving.

And that is on 85 octane at 5,000ft altitude.

So far, so good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts