Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Bryan Redeker

Mission 1 is now complete, so be sure to check it out here
for pictures from the road trip.)Â* The bright sunshine of the day was starting to be replaced with dark storm clouds, so we decided to head back. We ended up getting lost in the park as the storm clouds rolled in, causing us to be a little frantic. The Fiesta continued to shine under these conditions as the storm clouds opened up and a downpour began. Rain-sensing wipers activated, headlamps automatically sensed the darkness and turned on to light our way. Traction-control engaged on the slippery tight switchbacks and turns. These roads look like something out of a tarmac rallye stage or where you would find the guys from Top Gear testing out some exotics. Smooth blacktop, sudden drops, hill climbs, tight hairpins, and now rain made for the perfect setting for the Fiesta. I knew the car was amazing in the dry, but was even more shocked at how well it does in the wet. No hint of understeer, no dulled steering response, and no hesitation upon coming up on a blind corner. The technology came together to take care of the wipers and headlights, which allowed me to concentrate on what a driver is supposed to do. Drive. Sara, my wife, wasn't enjoying the conditions as much as I was. Heel-n-toe downshifting, left-foot braking into corners, squeezing the power on as I apexed the corners, quick upshifts, followed by another set of corners. I felt like the late Colin McRae on a special stage at Rallye de Catalunya. I just needed Nicky Grist calling out the pace notes. Eventually my fun was over when we found our way back to the lodge. Heart was still racing from the joy of running the Fiesta thru twisty roads in the wet and darkness of a severe thunderstorm.

Once back at the lodge, we attended the welcoming bash and picked up our packet of information for the car show. I had to stop by registration and make a change to the car I entered, as my paperwork said I was there with my 1984 Mustang. Preregistration for the show was in early March, so I did not know that I would be bringing a Fiesta instead of my Mustang. After a little explaining, I was able to register the Fiesta for the car show.

Read More...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That's funny about the nice cars around the fiesta. Well the Fiesta is still new and not yet being sold so ... People are really going to be interested in it.

-Ray-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts