Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking about my early bronco restoration and I've decided to make it into a very capable, very reliable daily driver slash weekend wheeler. Here is the power plant I want to use, but a $20k pricetag is rich, and that's without the harness or ECU, so it looks like I will be building the equivalent, and probably for half that price. The trans will most likely be the 6R110, with a 2 speed atlas. I'll probably run either Rock Jock 60s or G2 60s, since I'll have about that much in the axles if I built them by the time I get the parts, clean and rebuild, it'll be less work on me to just order them pre-built. For tire size I'll probably go with 35s or 37s. I want to have luxuries like AC and tunes, so that will be in the mix. I'm hoping this summer I can start the body work as it needs some panels replaced. This build will stay with me til the end as it has some sentimental value to me. 77 was the last year the early bronco was made, which is also the year this world was gifted with my arrival, LOL. So what do ya'll think?

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, my 77 LOL. Actually, there isn't many Early Broncos running around here. I've only seen one or two, and by judging them, they're stockish power. I've got a fairly new spare frame, but I think I will fab my own frame using thicker material after I build a jig using the stock frame. I know the motor will handle over 1k hp, as they have a few GT500's running around that are over 1k hp just from bolt on upgrades, bigger blower, injectors, bigger throttle body and Maf, etc. I'll probably keep mine at or under 750, just in case I want to hit a mud bug or two, but mainly just cause I haven't seen a mod motor in an EB...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As you wish...

The outside needs most of the work, but the inner fenders, hood, and floorpans all look pretty solid. Can't wait to get started on this project!

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just noticed in the first pic, but in the far right is whats left of my mustang...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Shane. I was actually trying to help someone by taking them to the hospital when she ended her life. 2 trees at almost 100 mph will do that I guess. Should have left em wait for the ambulance, my baby would still be around...

SVT

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Early Bronco

I remember hearing years ago that the early bronco power steering box was a bolt on swap. Not the 78-79 the 68-77. Anyone know it this is true? Got a chance to pick up a box cheap. Usually they are very expensive. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts