Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd post up my old ZX5 project it's in entirety here.

First day I picked her up from the dealer.

Added window Tint.

Added Clear film protection.

Installed Eibach Pro Kit with AGX Adjustables.

After alignment.

Installed CAI and strut bar.

Installed a set of HIDs.

Before

After

Installed Roush Bodykit.

Installed Roush Exhaust.

Installed OZ Wheels.

Installed LED Tail lights.

Installed SVT Spoiler.

Added some audio.

Installed shorty antenna and clear side markers.

Did a little bit of plumbing work.

Installed Defi Gauges and Roush pedals.

Had the car dynoed tuned.

Did some weight reduction to the sound system.

Matching ST Grill installed.

Upgraded to an Exedy Torque converter.

Completed Project with Roush badging overlays installed.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Nice, Tom. I'd get some projector lights for those HIDs. How much boost are you running? What size charger?

SVT

·
Gets more V8
136 Posts
that's pretty cool tom... what happened to it?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Good read. Like Mike said, where is it now?

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. It had a GT28R turbo and I was boosting around 10psi.

I've since sold this car after the tech at an alignment shop who test drove it blew the motor. They eventually paid for a new motor but the car never seemed to drive the same, there were just too many rattles and it was driving me crazy. With my new Saleen project I'm much happier :)

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
That's why I love my SCT tuner, I can lock down how high the rpms go and the speed limit for when someone else drives my truck. Sucks to hear you had to sell it, glad to hear they bought the engine, but I know you had a help of a time getting them to. It's kind of Ming blowing to know I have a supercharger that's bigger than your entire engine, displacement wise [:D] What's the specs on the saleen?

SVT

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it was a very lengthy process to get them to replace the motor, but the manager of the shop was very understanding and took responsibility. Looking forward to seeing your truck this summer.

As for the Saleen, it has the same base kit, but I went with a different tuner who gave me a more aggressive tune, larger injectors, intake manifold and a few more goodies that were made by a friend who owns a shop here in Austin. I'm going to work on building the bottom end and increasing the boost after FocusFest next year.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
They got a focus here for 800 with a rod knocking. Wish it wasn't this time of year, I'd be a focus owner...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Y2k. Hey say it ran great up until it developed a knock...

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Probably an SPI. Only get it if you are swapping motors. Which I'm sure thats the plan.

I want to see an AWD V8 Focus at stock ride height, or lower.

Rick, you have your challenge. Go.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
You call that a challenge? That'll be easy, just need to get a car and a couple of parts...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Oh I can make one hell of a bada$$ car, I just don't have the car or funds to do it by then. As it is I need to finish SVT as well as my supercharged ST. I'm hoping I can start fabbing my adapter in the next week or two...

SVT

·
Registered
55 Posts
What shop in town (your friend) do you use for mods, Tom? I would like to do a few things this year. It would be nice to have an experienced Focus mechanic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts